Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Eovaldi got 4/$67.5M.
  2. Unfortunately I seriously doubt Ricky is going anywhere anytime soon.
  3. Good point...I’m a total idiot. Probably why you should never post when you wake up in the middle of a drunken slumber at 4am in the morning.
  4. Calhoun may not even hit free agency unless the Sox have some intel on that front. Either way, Calhoun would be such a safe / low upside pickup. Dude is basically a slightly above league average hitter (who doesn’t even address our OBP problem that much cause of the low BA) and average to slightly below average fielder. That’s a big improvement over what we got out of RF this year, but man I hope we’re shooting for someone with even a bit of upside. He’d be a better stopgap than Puig if they’re looking to buy time for the AA outfielders & Walker, but I’d be pissed if they gave him more than a one or two year deal.
  5. Puig is simply not worth the risk.
  6. Lol...KW should check the free agent list before making these bold statements. I’m not sure a single free agent fits that description at the moment. Maybe instead of just winking at Harper during their face-to-face with him he should have handed him a check for $300M. Now your options are either sign a right handed guy like Ozuna or trade for a left handed option.
  7. Was this from the Passan article?
  8. I don’t disagree with your main point here, but there were some big spenders in the penalty box. The Sox do deserve credit for getting it done though.
  9. I’m certain Hahn will be offering long-term deals to both Robert & Madrigal this offseason. Unlikely Luis accepts one IMO, but zero reason not to try.
  10. Yup. Like I honestly don’t care if people think Mitch will ultimately bust, but last night proves absolutely nothing.
  11. 100% agree. We need a much bigger sample size than one game to say he’s the same old Mitch.
  12. When did I ever say it should take 3+ years for him to develop? To me, this is his make or break year. Most QBs take their big leap in year two, but most high end draft picks also have at least two full seasons of college starts. Combine that with what was basically a completely wasted rookie season (horrific coaching & lack of weapons) and this is effectively year two for him. I need to see major growth from him this year or else I will be ready to call him a bust too.
  13. This is some of the dumbest logic I have ever heard. Him being drafted 2nd overall (not 3rd) has nothing to do with the readiness of his talent, it was about getting us a long-term answer at QB. If your expectation was a guy ready to win right out of the gate, then rip Pace for making a bad pick. I don’t know what to tell you, but Mitch was always going need time to develop. Wasting a year with Fox and no WRs was stupid as fuck. Last year in many ways was his first legit season because of that and he showed some promise at times. He no doubt needs to make major strides this year, but I’m certainly jumping to conclusions over one rusty start where the entire offense looked like shit. If you want to assume he can’t get better because he was the 2nd overall pick two years ago by all means believe that but I’m going to call you out for what I believe to be dumb logic.
  14. Those teams also probably had much better minor league systems prior to their rebuilds. It works both ways.
  15. So 26 NFL games across two seasons in two systems including one year with not a single quality WR after a total of 13 college starts tells you everything you need to know about he guy? Like my god this is some stupid fucking logic and I love the fact you actually think a lack of college experience doesn’t matter.
  16. Lol...my stance is pretty clear. I like the tools but acknowledge he has limited experience and will need time. So far I’ve been disappointed, but unlike you I’m not looking for the medal from being the first one time write him off. After this season I’ll have a stronger opinion.
  17. I have never argued Trubisky is actually good, I’m just ripping you for drawing sweeping conclusions based on a game where most of the offense was clearly rusty from a lack of preseason reps. But if there is a negative angle to take, there is no doubt you will leach onto it with full force so ultimately none of this is very surprising.
  18. He did look like ass and it was a massive disappointment, I just see no reason to panic yet. I still believe Nagy is an elite offensive coach 95% of the time (he still has his bad moments) and that we have enough weapons to be dangerous even if we don’t see a major leap from Mitch this year. The defense is simply too good to think this team will crash & burn.
  19. Awesome post. We literally had a poster call a 2018 Pro Bowl QB “Henry Burris” last night, which reflects the irrational negativity & ridiculous exaggerations this board has come to love. The hot takes were out in full force last night and unfortunately with Bears fans even the smartest ones can’t contain their inner meatball at times (especially when the Packers are involved). Regardless, I’m highly confident Nagy will take the next 10 days to get this unit prepared and that the offense will look an entirely different animal vs Denver.
  20. Alright, the ban bet will only be for the NFL thread. So depending on the outcome of next week’s game vs the Broncos, one of us will not be able to post in this thread from 9/16 until 10/14. It has been agreed upon.
  21. Alright, let’s do a ban bet then. If the Broncos win next week, I won’t post until after the Bears’ bye week, if they lose to us the opposite applies. Are you down?
  22. Mods - Please pin this post so Jack can officially earn the moniker Hot Take Parkman at the end of the season.
  23. Yeah, no doubt Mitch sucked and that last interception is indefensible, but the blame for tonight’s goes much deeper.
  24. You must not be from Chicago. The phone lines will be ringing tomorrow.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.