Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Lol...thanks for the advice chief!
  2. Dude, do you ever learn with these ridiculous overreactions?
  3. There really hasn’t been a single story about who he’s helped or even much detail on his role. Hard to imagine it will be a big loss for us.
  4. A little more info on the matter, just absolutely horrific. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/blake-bivens-rays-prospect-makes-first-statement-since-familys-murder-my-heart-was-turned-to-ash/amp/
  5. The brother was likely on drugs based on video of him after the fact running naked from the police like a madman and trying to choke out some dude getting in his car.
  6. Sad story but Skaggs was a grown ass man capable of making his own bad decisions. No one forced him to put anything in his body.
  7. What threat are you referring to? And Lisle was an analytics based minor league hitting instructor, so I’m really struggling to see the connection between him & Renteria.
  8. It’s absolutely mind-boggling that he thinks there is no such thing as a lazy person. Not even worth debating someone this out of touch with reality.
  9. I may have missed it, but what did Harold suggest?
  10. Most people aren’t handed “cool” jobs, they have to work for them. When I first started in Finance, I was significantly underpaid and had to do a ton of boring shit. I also had put up with an old man who thought he knew everything. I didn’t whine or run my mouth, I just continued to work hard and made the most I could out of the opportunity. You seem to expect some awesome job from the get-go simply because you’re book smart and/or have an advanced degree. Most of us have to start out at the bottom of the totem pole and claw their way up the ladder because it’s competitive as fuck out there. If you expect something to be handed to you, you’re going to end up waiting a long ass time.
  11. I work whatever my job dictates because either I’m happy with the pay or looking to build my status with the company in order to secure long-term benefits. If I don’t like how I’m being compensated for my time, I’ll find a new job. The vast majority of people at my company work a straight 40 hour week and rarely do overtime unless absolutely needed.
  12. You tell us. You just claimed we’re all entitled to overtime! Funny I I don’t see billboards with lawyers advertising their ability to get people their entitled overtime pay. I guess lawyers just don’t like money anymore!
  13. The problem is Jack has a huge ego and it’s his own undoing. He just literally called tens of millions of Americans dumb over something he is 100% in the wrong about. He’s the “dick” from his original post in this thread and actually thinks that’s an acceptable way to act in an corporate setting. Being an arrogant know it all isn’t going to fly in most positions, especially entry level ones.
  14. Please stop now because you are seriously coming off as a complete fool.
  15. What were your previous employers doing that was illegal or unethical?
  16. You’re right Jack, the tens of millions of Americans who are exempt employees are just too dumb to know otherwise and only the great Jack Parkman knows the truth!!
  17. No reason whatsoever? That almost never happens. The vast majority of terminations that aren’t planned lay-offs are performance and/or behavioral related. Do a good job, don’t be a dick, and avoid blasting your company on social media and you should be good with job security. It’s pretty obvious that you don’t know when to keep your mouth shut at work and that’s caused problems for you in the past with employers. You seem to have an entitlement that you can say whatever you feel whenever you want and that’s never going to fly whether you like it or not. So either change your ways or look for alternative forms of employment, because you are doing this to yourself.
  18. Well clearly it’s not required by law.
  19. Accept what type of behavior? If I was completely misaligned with my company I’d simply leave and find a new job.
  20. Jack, I’m afraid you’re simply not made for corporate America if you actually believe this insanity.
  21. Wow is all I can to say this...
  22. Lol...this completely explains your delusional viewpoint of evil corporate America. Yes, you can rip your employer for whatever you like and not go to jail. Hurray for free speech! And guess what, they can rightfully fire your stupid ass for trying to devalue their brand on social media.
  23. I seriously doubt Matt Lisle was purposely being a dick to get his point across by liking an article.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.