Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Bummer is an absolute stud and hopefully a huge part of this rebuild.
  2. Lol...one unlucky inning is all it look for this overreaction.
  3. I don’t disagree. I do personally like Walker’s tools better though and I feel like he’s a guy who could really benefit from the juiced ball.
  4. Fair take. Walker may be no different in the end and AA will be the real test no doubt.
  5. I go out of my way to “drag him through” because there is a misconception around here that he’s been a radically better player as the season progressed when it takes about five minutes looking at his stats to quickly deem that wrong. I’ve said multiple times I’m not writing him off as he’s young and AA is tough like you said, but the kid has had a really bad season and he’s probably a 40 FV type prospect at this point.
  6. Rutherford’s problem isn’t his lack of power, it’s his shitty K & BB rates which his home park has no impact on. You really seem to take any criticism of him personally.
  7. So fucking true. At some point in the future those slumps won’t end, but right now it’s impossible to declare that.
  8. Sounds we need to get you a tinfoil hat.
  9. I mostly agree with your post, although I really don’t agree with the Ryan Sweeney comp. Ryan struck out like 11% of the time in AA (vs Blake’s 26%) and drew more walks. I also think Blake has much more raw power than Sweeney ever did, the problem is it doesn’t really translate to games.
  10. Adolfo played half a season in 2018 and at least got 20 games at AA this year, that’s exponentially more playing time than Burger. Also, like I said he’ll be playing in the Arizona Fall League to help make up for lost time. And yes, we're getting an additional option for him. Writing off a guy who will be 23 years old at the AA is pretty nuts IMO.
  11. I smell a hot streak coming Jose’s way now!! Thanks Ron!!
  12. Adolfo had a recurring issue with his elbow that’s finally been corrected. He’s going to play OF in the Arizona Fall League to help make up for lost time. For now he’s behind Walker, but even with the injury uncertainty he’s well above Gonzalez & Rutherford IMO. Micker’s upside is crazy good if the arm returns to form. Also, I have no idea why Blake has so many supporters around here, because his numbers are bad this year and he’s shown little to know signs of improvement as the season has progressed (outside of his BABIP). Yes he’s young and there’s hope for him, but he’s done nothing to warrant the praise he gets around here.
  13. Honestly if Collins made some adjustments, then I’m fine with him getting everyday at-bats in Charlotte for a few weeks.
  14. What’s crazy is there’s plenty to rip them for them without actually having to make shit up. Just crazy how things have gotten around here.
  15. Basabe > Walker > Adolfo > Gonzalez > Rutherford
  16. Like where do you guys come up with these conspiracies?
  17. Lol...you actually think Kenny Williams got fired?
  18. Hostetler got a promotion.
  19. Walker: 9.0% BB rate, 15.1% K rate, .152 ISO, .294 BABIP, .760 OPS, 119 wRC+ Rutherford: 7.0% BB rate, 18.5% K rate, .143 ISO, .351 BABIP, .781 OPS, 120 wRC+ Not sure how you’re saying Blake outproduced Steele, especially when acknowledge Walker’s numbers are impacted by some BABIP regression carrying over from Low A. And remember that Walker’s adjustment period carries a bigger weight on his overall numbers than Blake’s because he’s spent much less time in Winston-Salem.
  20. Without question Walker.
  21. Walker has been on fire these last few days...keep it up kid.
  22. I’m sure the Machado sweepstakes helped them sell a few tickets, but the long-term damage of failing to deliver on their “the money will be spent” promise will far outweigh those extra tickets in 2019. The one thing I can say with certainty is the front office really wanted to land Machado. Whether they were incompetent in terms of valuation or they simply botched the process and got outplayed at the end, they actually thought they would land him. There was no con here and Reisndorf isn’t this boogeyman whose sole goal it to make rebuilding profits. They simply fucked up at the end and let a small market competitor jump in and steal their guy at what ended up being a reasonable price point. It’s really that simple.
  23. What would this elaborate con actually accomplish? I mean, all it takes is about five minutes on this website to see how enraged the fanbase over us botching the signing. Was their end game just to piss off their fans?
  24. That’s who they’re promoting?!?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.