Everything posted by DirtySox
-
Day 2 Draft thread
Kevin Goldstein Kevin_Goldstein Sources indicate that Stetson Allie's price tag is $3 million 6 minutes ago via TweetDeck
-
Day 2 Draft thread
Many publications are noting that the White Sox would indeed have taken Grandal if not popped by the Reds. They certainly would have had to go overslot with him. One wonders if the draft budget is noticeably higher this year. I can only hope.
-
Day 2 Draft thread
While I would love Allie/Wilson/Cole as many others, I don't think they are realistic picks for the Sox. Names I like: Workman, Eibner, Yordy, Eldemire, Golden, Bettis, Stanek, Solis, Smelter, and Cisco.
-
Draft Day 1 Thread
Wasn't someone here high on Olt?
-
Draft Day 1 Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 09:24 PM) Seems like the last thing they need is another power arm in the bullpen. I don't think he would be moved off starting initially. Either way, his ETA isn't anytime soon.
-
Draft Day 1 Thread
Ugh, if Detroit gets both Castellanos and Allie, I'm going to puke.
-
Draft Day 1 Thread
Great pick for Detroit.
-
Draft Day 1 Thread
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 09:22 PM) If the Tigers get Allie, i'll be pissed. I think you might be pissed than.
-
Draft Day 1 Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 09:17 PM) Well the nice thing is that for all those who complained about the Sox making "safe" picks, they really haven't done so since the summer after they won the World Series. So for everyone who talks about not living in the past there, hopefully they will do the samething when it comes to complaining about our drafting. There is still plenty of problems with the White Sox drafting. See the aversion of taking prep players in the 1st round. They also spend an abysmal amount overall. Routinely in the bottom 5 of all baseball. The Chris Sale pick was great, but that doesn't make them immune to criticism.
-
Draft Day 1 Thread
I had a feeling Brentz was going here. I'm going to follow him just because of all the fanfare that I think is overblown. It's a great value at this point in the draft though.
-
Draft Day 1 Thread
QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 09:08 PM) Eibner is the player I want the Sox to get with 2nd pick. I would as well. As a pitcher of course. I think he can really blossom when he starts doing it full time.
-
Draft Day 1 Thread
I like Wimmers. Haters gon' hate.
-
Draft Day 1 Thread
QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 07:24 PM) Now... fathom, Dirty, Jeff.. anyone you eying for the second pick that might fall? Hah. I was about to make a post asking for my props. Give me DeAndre Smelter.
-
Draft Day 1 Thread
Jim Callis jimcallisBA I like C.Sale a lot. Think he can be good SP, like a little more than Pomeranz. #mlbdraft less than a minute ago via UberTwitter
-
Draft Day 1 Thread
Good work Chi Sox! I salute you today.
-
Draft Day 1 Thread
I think it's Chris Sale if he's still there. I would like it too.
-
Draft Day 1 Thread
I'm hoping Chris Sale might be around at 13. *Crosses Fingers*
-
Draft Day 1 Thread
- Draft Day 1 Thread
QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 06:28 PM) Mayo thinks Loux will go 6. This pleases me. The Sox can't draft him then.- Draft Day 1 Thread
Twitter FrankiePiliere: #Indians expected to take Drew Pomeranz 5th overall. Told I should take it to the bank- Draft Day 1 Thread
Eliu (Chicago): If Grandal falls to 13, do the White Sox take him with his recent demands rumors? Kevin Goldstein: No. They don't like overslot guys.- Draft Day 1 Thread
Piliere thinks Grandal goes to the Indians.- Draft Day 1 Thread
Frankie Piliere: Source on the Royals: "Think shortstop" Um ok, cryptic huh? ___________ Colon?- Draft Day 1 Thread
Frankie Piliere: UPDATE: So, what now. A couple sources tell me it may not be Grandal to KC. Then i ask "probably Sale?" The answer is still no. Are we looking at Choice or Asher Wojciechowski? I think it's going to shock us- Draft Day 1 Thread
Frankie Piliere: UPDATE: Hearing Bryce Brentz could end up in the last 5-6 picks of the first round - Draft Day 1 Thread