Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Timmy U

Members

Everything posted by Timmy U

  1. Timmy U posted a topic in FutureSox Board
    https://www.milb.com/scores/chicago-white-sox/2021-09-03 https://www.mlb.com/prospects/stats/affiliates?teamId=145&date=09/03/2021 Hope there is at least some offense today.
  2. Here's an interesting scenario: Let's say Rodon's market value is 4/$90 mil. Kimbrel and Hernandez's combined options amount to $22 million in 2022. Then in 2023, you are out from under $18 million for Keuchel. So, Sox could afford Rodon if they don't bring back Kimbrel and Hernandez. I would argue that Rodon's WAR > Kimbrel WAR + Hernandez WAR and that the Sox could fill a bullpen hole and a 2nd base hole cheaper than getting a TOR starter. What do you guys think?
  3. That's really not a lot considering Leury, Goodwin, Hamilton, Rodon, and Tepera are all free agents at the end of the year. (And one can imagine them not picking up Hernandez's option.) I don't expect the Sox to lose anyone that they really value. I'd be surprised if they protect Sosa or Mieses because they'd be unlikely to be able to stay up all year without destroying their development, but we shall see. If they value Bilous and McClure, I'm sure they'll have room to protect them. Thank God they decimated their 2018 draft class via trades, huh?
  4. That is the only hit w/RISP in this games. Teams are a combine 1/23.
  5. Crazy lucky hit for Cleveland. They go up 4-3.
  6. I watched that inning. Pathetic. Carlos Santana is hitting under .100 against Cleveland this year.
  7. What about playing the Cubs and Pirates back to back makes you say this?
  8. Numbers in the 70’s and 80’s are reserved for Sox superstars. Peons get numbers like 5.
  9. Happy for Romy. He had to be added to the 40 man anyway. Personally, I’d ditch Wright, DL Giolito and bring up Lambert, but that’s just me. Romy’s like the last guy we have from the 2018 draft class, so I hope he earns a spot for next year.
  10. I thought the Cubs were bad. Pirates have Reynolds and Moran as actual MLB players. I’ve always liked Gamel as a fourth outfielder. After that… Newman is just having an off year?
  11. Keuchel Friday, Lopez Saturday is the plan. Maybe Lambert is the second guy after Hamilton?
  12. My concern now is with Lynn on the IL, we have no long man. If you run Keuchel out there and he lasts ~2 innings, that could mess up the pen for days.
  13. Body type, he’s a lot like Cesar Cedeno. Hopefully, unlike Cedeno, Robert can keep healthy. The thing that has shocked me this year is his approach. He is taking a lot of fastballs to right, not over swinging. If they hang something, he crushes it.
  14. Rough lineup to use against their best pitcher.
  15. Wrong thread
  16. I saw this title and thought he was released or something.
  17. Top 6 in the line up is badass. Vaughn also looked good. Might not want to play Leury as much as TLR plays him.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.