Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OmarComing25

Forum Moderator
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by OmarComing25

  1. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 12:41 PM) http://chicago.suntimes.com/baseball/7/71/...-spending-spree I would have thought the ceiling would be much higher. Price alone would cause them to hit that ceiling, which makes me think they won't be pushing hard for him.
  2. Honestly I never put any stock into the "three year plan" quote, people are reading way too much into that.
  3. Since I don't think the Sox would trade Quintana for just prospects, the only realistic Sox/Cubs trade I see involving him would be something like Q for Schwarber and McKinney. However, I still don't think either side does that deal, as the Sox aren't going to trade Quintana for a 2 WAR DH (Schwarber put up the exact same wRC+ that Kendry Morales did this year, and Morales was at 2.1 WAR) that only exasperates our problems against LHP, and after that playoff performance the Cubs probably feel Schwarber's value is at an all-time high and won't trade him unless they're blown away by an offer.
  4. Am I the only one who doesn't think Price signs with the Cubs? He'll cost an arm and a leg, and the fact that the Cubs have been linked to Heyward and Gordon makes me think they'll try to sign one of those two and a 2nd-tier SP instead. Signing Price could also mean there's not enough to resign Arrieta when the time comes. I don't think they'll want to be stuck paying three SP in their mid-30s almost $100 million dollars several years from now when it's time to pay all their hitters.
  5. QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 12:12 PM) Not only is he a top 20 pitcher in MLB, he is young, left-handed, under team control for 5 more seasons (2 of which are team options), at an AAV of $8.65M. It literally doesn't get more valuable than that. He's worth a ton, and I suspect he won't be traded unless some other team really, really, really wants him and is willing to give up a TON to get him. Minimum Cole Hamels package, and his value is higher than Hamels' was at the time of his trade, so Q should get more.
  6. QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 09:04 AM) OK, so some idiots shout racial slurs at a black guy, who tweets about it, and then there are protests because the University Chancellor took six days to condemn it and his actions weren't strong enough? I also notice they were comparing this to the situation at Oklahoma, where stronger action was taken, but at Oklahoma these were identifiable students who were part of an identifiable group. In this case, it was "white guys in a pick up truck" who shouted the racial slurs. Was the Chancellor supposed to kick every white guy with a pickup truck out of school? There is either a lot more to this story or this was a massive overreaction. While I understand the incredible frustration at the bigotry that was displayed, I don't see what more the Chancellor could have done. Agree 100%. Wolfe has actually resigned now. Not really much he could have done about this. Good luck to the next president I guess, I don't envy whoever it is.
  7. QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 8, 2015 -> 09:28 PM) What do you think makes them stop? There's only two ways: we actually trade Sale or we become a playoff contender again.
  8. I can't wait for these threads to stop.
  9. QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 7, 2015 -> 11:18 PM) So can any Missouri fans/students/graduates fill us in on why a number of their black athletes are saying they won't play until the university's president is fired? http://www.themaneater.com/special-sections/mu-fall-2015/
  10. QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 7, 2015 -> 11:17 PM) WTF just happened in this thread?! This has to be some of the most bat-s*** loony nonsense I have ever seen posted on this site. I mean really, who the f*** searches for articles on whether or not Theo Epstein was a varsity starter like it actually has some impact on his ability to be a good GM. Just pure insanity. I don't think I've ever seen a thread go as off the rails as this one has. And it's happened multiple times in this one!
  11. I thought Hahn was well-known as an analytics-focused guy, when I first heard about him that was the phrase I heard the most. In fact, just do a Google search with "Rick Hahn analytics" and you get tons of results talking about his analytical mindset. Also, who gives a s*** if he played sports in high school?
  12. Stop playing crappy teams close or you're going to get burned, I don't feel bad for MSU at all. And Bama is just too good, this is why I had no issue with them at #4.
  13. Navy looked dominant today.
  14. QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 7, 2015 -> 03:08 PM) Florida is such frauds. If the East didn't suck so much they'd be a .500 team. Way too many close calls against crappy teams
  15. Vanderbilt pulled a Jacksonville State.
  16. I wouldn't mind Freese if it was only 2 years and not 3, but he's unlikely to take only 2 years.
  17. Haha you think this board is too optimistic? A very large portion of posters have basically given up on the next 5 seasons. I see way more pessimism than optimism.
  18. QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 03:41 PM) I am really trying to understand the love out there for Alex Gordon. He is going to be 32 next season and he is looking to be getting superstar money next season right? He hasn't really put up superstar numbers as far as I can tell. He was good last season no doubt but I can see him being one of the next contracts that someone is going to regret. He's a very, very good defender and doesn't really have any offensive weaknesses. I do agree that with his age he likely won't be worth the money. Heyward is basically Gordon except 6 years younger.
  19. QUOTE (GREEDY @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 03:02 PM) Brad Miller changing uniforms while Kenny and Rick are still in the preliminary stages of their offseason plan.... Really, we're already complaining about no moves being made yet?
  20. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 12:16 PM) Alas, we don't have a Top 5 or Top 10 farm system to draw from despite six (going on seven) abysmal seasons in the past nine. Define "abysmal". The Royals lost 95+ games SEVEN times from 2001-2010, with a 93, 90 and 91 loss season sprinkled in around there for good measure. That will get you loads of high draft picks. It's not like us winning 79 games in 2009 and 2011 or winning 76 games this year are giving us a spot at the top of the draft like the Royals occupied for the entire last decade.
  21. I don't think I've ever seen a J4L post that didn't have some kind of absolute in it. His world is completely black and white.
  22. Man both BP and Fangraphs seem to think we have a lot of money to spend. Cameron predicted we would sign Rasmus and Morales last year instead of LaRoche and Melky. Damn, had we done that we might have won the 2nd wildcard.
  23. QUOTE (Dunt @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 07:11 AM) Where did Schoenfield say this? Pretty sure it was Dave Cameron who said it.
  24. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 5, 2015 -> 11:58 AM) lmao you are nuts. Kershaw is crazy dominant Kershaw is clearly the best pitcher in baseball, but I don't think it's at all crazy to suggest he wouldn't have an ERA under 2 in the AL. I very much doubt that as well.
  25. QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 09:53 AM) To play devil's advocate, then why isn't ND being punished for needing a miracle to win at UVa? I agree with rock, it feels like Michigan St. is receiving too little credit for winning at Michigan. To me, the team that looked the most impressive in any top win this year was Florida destroying Ole Miss. I agree with you, and Florida is probably currently more deserving than Bama, but the committee does say they're trying to pick the 4 best teams, not necessarily the most deserving. tOSU wasn't necessarily more deserving over TCU/Baylor last year, but it was clear they were a top 4 team after that complete dismantling of Wisconsin. Of course, this is all very subjective. There's never going to be an objective way to pick the 4 best teams.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.