Crosstown Cup Game Thread, Game 3

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 08:25 PM)
Ranaudo pitched a hell of a game....I would have left him in also. That 3-2 breaking pitch was right in Meat City tho...seems like Baez knew what was coming. Hard to be upset at this kids outing tho...also since he's the only person that's accounted for any scoring.

He threw the same pitch to Heyward on 3-2 the batter before.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 02:26 AM)
He threw the same pitch to Heyward on 3-2 the batter before.

He was high with his fastball and rolling his curve that whole inning. He looked like he had a water hose in his hat

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 09:24 PM)
Completely agree. I was just telling my buddy I wouldn't leave him in to face Baez after 100+ pitches and the 4th walk.

If it was proven talent like a Sale, Quintana, or maybe even Shields at times it is ok but a guy that was just in AAA that sucked in TEX earlier this year isn't someone you should gamble on late in a 1 run game

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 07:28 PM)
Yes I am watching the game. He was at 100 pitches. And he gave up 1 hit in almost 7 innings. Your alternative is Albers with a runner on first. Seriously?

1.) it's not about pitch count alone. You've got a rookie up who's in his first game with our team after giving up like 900 runs during his last outing against MLB hitters.

2.) he's already thrown a 1 hitter and has a home run. Take him out on a high note.

3.) his pitches were flat the whole inning, he was losing control, he physically looked exhausted.

4.) I would have put in Fulmer. Since the break I would have been using Fulmer a heck of a lot more than he's been used thus far.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 09:28 PM)
Yes I am watching the game. He was at 100 pitches. And he gave up 1 hit in almost 7 innings. Your alternative is Albers with a runner on first. Seriously?

He was leaving a lot of pitches up the last couple of innings, you can't always go off of hits and pitch count

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 08:31 PM)
1.) it's not about pitch count alone. You've got a rookie up who's in his first game with our team after giving up like 900 runs during his last outing against MLB hitters.

2.) he's already thrown a 1 hitter and has a home run. Take him out on a high note.

3.) his pitches were flat the whole inning, he was losing control, he physically looked exhausted.

4.) I would have put in Fulmer. Since the break I would have been using Fulmer a heck of a lot more than he's been used thus far.

Fulmer wasn't even warming at that point. It was Albers and Duke.

And when Albers is put in and gives up the HR everyone will criticize RV for taking a guy out who was throwing a 1 hitter.

Edited by soxforlife05

fulmers velocity is way down from where it was in college. He routinely hit 97 when he was a reliever his soph year. Sitting 91-92 now. Seems to be more of a slinger than anything now