7/29 - White Sox at Twins

flavum

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 09:27 PM)
It'll heat up believe me. Q and Sale with nice back to back performances. I think they're both gone. Just have a gut feeling.

I hope your gut is right, but it would go against all the historical tendencies of this organization. I don't the Sox will ever truly rebuild as long as Reinsdorf and KW are around.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 09:25 PM)
Could you imagine getting 5-6 good to great bats for Sale and Quintana? It's gotta be tempting.

It's not only tempting, it the right thing to do. How can we honestly fix this mess? Look at how many holes we have in our lineup right now and then look at the state of our minor league system. The only potential impact hitter in the system that will be ready anytime soon is Collins. We have a few other interesting guys, but they are far from sure things of being even average regulars at the major league level. It's finally time to stop this re-tooling nonsense and attempt to build a team from the ground-up.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 08:33 PM)
It's not only tempting, it the right thing to do. How can we honestly fix this mess? Look at how many holes we have in our lineup right now and then look at the state of our minor league system. The only potential impact hitter in the system that will be ready anytime soon is Collins. We have a few other interesting guys, but they are far from sure things of being even average regulars at the major league level. It's finally time to stop this re-tooling nonsense and attempt to build a team from the ground-up.

Hahn's had chances to build around this pitching and he can't do it. Time for a new plan.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 03:32 AM)
Plus he's under control for one more year, seems to be less of an injury risk, and doesn't have the perceived trade value Sale has.

Other teams think Q has as much value as Sale

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 08:31 PM)
QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 03:28 AM)

I know pitching is important, but you can't win if you can't score no matter how good your starting pitching is. Time to gets some bats.

build around your pitching

JR won't spend the money. It has to be trades and the only thing they can offer for legit bats is pitching.

Now if he'll open his wallet and outbid everybody for Reddick, Encarnacion, or take on big contracts like Braun, etc they can keep all their pitching. I don't expect that, however.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 08:36 PM)
build around your pitching

JR won't spend the money. It has to be trades and the only thing they can offer for legit bats is pitching.

Now if he'll open his wallet and outbid everybody for Reddick, Encarnacion, or take on big contracts like Braun, etc they can keep all their pitching. I don't expect that, however.

That's the point I was making awhile back and I was accused of calling him cheap lol