Game thread Sox Royals

Kyyle23

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 10, 2016 -> 08:56 PM)
If the Cubs actually win the World Series, that 2005 card will get harder and harder to play.

It's not like anyone is going to games anymore because of something that happened 11 years ago.

One trip to the World Series in 36 years as owner for a large market team is not an impressive record by any measure, no matter how well the team performed in that one year.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 10, 2016 -> 08:53 PM)
22 blown saves. All alone in first now.

Can't close out any games against KC it seems.

What new?

Might as well finish in the bottom ten so we can argue all offseason about Hahn protecting the pick when we're supposedly in win now mode again.

We can't even deal Morneau because it will be blocked.

Take that out of the equation would the fan base be for blowing it up.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 10, 2016 -> 09:56 PM)
If the Cubs actually win the World Series, that 2005 card will get harder and harder to play.

It's not like anyone is going to games anymore because of something that happened 11 years ago.

Why, you can still say it took them well over 100 years to do it. Be creative. Cub fans are fun to pick in.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 10, 2016 -> 09:59 PM)
One trip to the World Series in 36 years as owner for a large market team is not an impressive record by any measure, no matter how well the team performed in that one year.

It's a heck of a lot better than many other teams.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 03:02 AM)
Baseball stupid

That's our team motto under Robin. Seriously is there any excuse for what we just witnessed on the field? A routine fly to center and tagging up at first?? You gotta be bleeping me. Embarrassing.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 10, 2016 -> 08:57 PM)
I've replied many times. He has done many good things for the organization. That being said, i wouldn't mind a change as they haven't produced lately. However, your constant posts which continue to say the same thing, are getting as bad as greg's royals love.

We get it you hate the owner. You will post to tear him apart. That's why I suggest you just have the "JR sucks" automatic post so you don't give yourself carpal tunnel posting the same thing over and over.

However, if you feel you need to, go ahead just be careful mechanics when typing.

Lol - first off, I don't "hate" anyone, so be careful throwing around such careless accusations. Second, this is the second time YOU have mentioned in this thread that the owner sucks. I mean, talk about an automatic post! I never said any such thing in this thread. I merely responded to someone earlier who was commenting about the lack of posts tonight not being because the team was ahead at the time, as was asserted, but rather because the owner and his management team have failed once again to put a product on the field that would compel enough people to have enough interest to come here and post. Very fair observation, I'm sure you would agree upon thinking about it again.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 04:03 AM)
That's our team motto under Robin. Seriously is there any excuse for what we just witnessed on the field? A routine fly to center and tagging up at first?? You gotta be bleeping me. Embarrassing.

Just playing out the stretch. Hope for no injuries and Abreu to keep it going. This team has no chance the next few years if he stinks.