Sox at Indians (Rodon vs Salazar)

ScootsMcGoots

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any talk about Jones being a "future closer" needs to end immediately. He's not even a good set up man. Eight blown saves chances this year already and he is personally responsible for five of the Sox 10 losses this year where they took a lead into the 7th inning or later. Yet the brain trust gave him a three year contract. OK then.

If the Sox are going to "go for it" yet again next year, they basically have to rebuild this bullpen from scratch...and that's awful hard to do in one off season.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 02:24 AM)
Any talk about Jones being a "future closer" needs to end immediately. He's not even a good set up man. Eight blown saves chances this year already and he is personally responsible for five of the Sox 10 losses this year where they took a lead into the 7th inning or later. Yet the brain trust gave him a three year contract. OK then.

If the Sox are going to "go for it" yet again next year, they basically have to rebuild this bullpen from scratch...and that's awful hard to do in one off season.

Mark

Most of the time, my eye test of a players performance jives with the advanced statistics of how well a player is actually doing. However in the case with Nate, it is not the case. The eye test says he's been bad but his advanced metrics say otherwise.

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Aug 18, 2016 -> 09:35 PM)
Most of the time, my eye test of a players performance jives with the advanced statistics of how well a player is actually doing. However in the case with Nate, it is not the case. The eye test says he's been bad but his advanced metrics say otherwise.

Jones is decent... but should be our 7th inning guy.

The bullpen is so thin and horrible right now...

It's full of guys with either no control or stuff that has blinking lights on it for takeoff.

Robin is hot garbage... but he really is throwing out nerf bullets.

What a mess of a bullpen.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 03:50 AM)
LOL it was a Heyman article mentioning Robin on the hot seat. Hot scoop.

I was just gonna say, another choke job late. Another lost series vs. a Central Division team. This is why Robin won't be back (aven though his players blow).

MLB Daily Dish already had their "GM Ratings" with Hahn 29th or whatever and had Ventura as one of the six obvious coaches on the hot seat.

Every single article about managers from now until the day he is notified of his fate will mention Robin's name.

Quite a few are speculating on Scioscia as well.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 03:24 AM)

Mark

It's a shame a guy with Nate's stuff has such a horrible, flawed delivery. Sorry Nate, you ain't gonna make it pitching the way you do. Just.Another.Guy.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 01:38 AM)
He Will work on his defense over the winter and will be much better in 2017

Another installment of "El Rockin ... best fan ever!" Are u serious El Rockin?

QUOTE (harkness @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 03:12 AM)
another brilliant move by Robin

Putting in tuner was conceding the game....

God can't wait for both of them to go the eff away.

I'm sick of Robin conceding games. He does it quite often. He deserves credit for never pulling an Ozzie and blaming his horrific players, however. Can u imagine my guy, Ozzeroo, after games in which our players f*** up royally?

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Aug 18, 2016 -> 08:35 PM)

Unfortunately advanced metrics don't get hitters out with the game on the line from 60 feet, six inches away.

Nate Jones is not closer material and he's not ever set up material. At the rate he's going he's headed for mop up man.

Mark

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 18, 2016 -> 08:54 PM)
MLB Daily Dish already had their "GM Ratings" with Hahn 29th or whatever and had Ventura as one of the six obvious coaches on the hot seat.

Every single article about managers from now until the day he is notified of his fate will mention Robin's name.

Quite a few are speculating on Scioscia as well.

I'll help pay for Scioscia to come to Chicago.

At least he's a guy with a track record of success and knowing what to do at the major league level AND best of all, he has NO connections...none, zero, nada to the White Sox.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 18, 2016 -> 09:06 PM)
I'll help pay for Scioscia to come to Chicago.

At least he's a guy with a track record of success and knowing what to do at the major league level AND best of all, he has NO connections...none, zero, nada to the White Sox.

Mark

He'd be too expensive for JR.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 18, 2016 -> 09:03 PM)
Unfortunately advanced metrics don't get hitters out with the game on the line from 60 feet, six inches away.

Nate Jones is not closer material and he's not ever set up material. At the rate he's going he's headed for mop up man.

Mark

It's like the NFL combine.

His windup sucks. Hitters see the ball well. He can't throw hard enough to get anybody out.

Once again why does Coop have a job?

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 18, 2016 -> 09:22 PM)
It's like the NFL combine.

His windup sucks. Hitters see the ball well. He can't throw hard enough to get anybody out.

Once again why does Coop have a job?

Yeah he holds the ball in one spot for a little over a second so some hitters with a good eye might be able to pick up what pitch it is.

His windup reminds me of one of those little league windups when they first start teaching kids how to pitch. But it's a little sped up.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Aug 18, 2016 -> 09:30 PM)
Yeah he holds the ball in one spot for a little over a second so some hitters with a good eye might be able to pick up what pitch it is.

His windup reminds me of one of those little league windups when they first start teaching kids how to pitch. But it's a little sped up.

That's when your scouts need some common sense that if a guy has those habits in high school, college, minors or whatever it is not going to change.