Who goes?

southsider2k5

Manuel in a photo finish

He's been here six years. Guys are not playing hard for him. They're not going to play hard for him. And he doesn't have a clue about how to handle a pitching staff.

KW has made his share of thoughtless moves (the Todd Ritchie deal; getting nothing for Ray Durham; Foulke for Koch, etc) but I really believe he burns to win -- and I give him props for picking up Marte, Olivo, Everett, Scott Sullivan, Robbie Alomar and a few more.

Jerry Manuel in a laugher!!!

Frankly, I cant put much blame on Kenny Williams. What other GM in this town has tried to do as much as he has done to bring a champion to this city? In a city of the Blackhawks (don't even get me started), the Bears (LOL) and even the post Jordan Era Bulls at least Kenny Williams has made the moves to try and put us at the top!!!

This season our team had alot more talent than the Twins. That is Kenny's Job to put the talent on the field. Its JM's job to go out and win and he has shown over the years to have horrible bullpen managment, player relation management, and just a terrible feel for coaching! Say what you want about KW dismantleing our minor league talent and bringin in bad players but its JM who has been the downfall of this team!

Like I said before, I've never had a coach that made me play harder that any other. You play to win, bottom line. This is a group of selfish, individualistic players that want to hit the 3 run homer with nobody on base instead of doing the little things it takes to win ballgames. Because the "little things" don't show up in the stats, and that's all most of these guys are concerned with. Maybe they ought to fire Walker for the team not hitting these last 2 weeks? 3 hitting coaches in 3 years and they all deserve an apology, Von Joshua, Gary Ward and Greg Walker. This team lacks self discipline. You can't sit there and honestly tell me that none of these guys at some point didn't say 'hey lets take the ball the other way" or "lets be patient against this guy". No you can't. 4 and 6 pitch innings don't cut it. These guys all go out on their own and try to be the hero, neglecting everything they are told. You can't fire a whole team, so the manager is the scapegoat.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.  We'll never know and you can't make that statement.  This team looks good on paper, but paper don't play the games.

I actually think the team looks better on a matte or glossy finish rather than just plain paper... ;)

But can i ask a serious question Chosk? Are you saying that JM should be given another chance??

I actually think the team looks better on a matte or glossy finish rather than just plain paper... ;)

But can i ask a serious question Chosk? Are you saying that JM should be given another chance??

I'm not arguing that JM should stay. The only logical thing they can do is relieve him of his duties. You can't fire the whole team, so the manager is the scapegoat. I've never bought into the whole concept of the manager being the difference maker. They say a good manager can get you what, 6-7 more wins a year. 7 out of 162 are won by the manager. It's done between the line.

Just my opinion, of course.

I'm not arguing that JM should stay. The only logical thing they can do is relieve him of his duties. You can't fire the whole team, so the manager is the scapegoat. I've never bought into the whole concept of the manager being the difference maker. They say a good manager can get you what, 6-7 more wins a year. 7 out of 162 are won by the manager. It's done between the line.

Thanks I was just wondering what your opinion on JM was! LOL...but unless my Math is horrible wouldn't seven more wins put us at the top of the division right now? :huh:

But I do agree that the manager can only do so much!

Thanks I was just wondering what your opinion on JM was! LOL...but unless my Math is horrible wouldn't seven more wins put us at the top of the division right now? :huh:

But I do agree that the manager can only do so much!

This team on paper (or glossy) should be running away with this division, IMO. We play in a weak division, maybe the weakest, so actually, they should be better than even those 7 games. I think it is just part of being a fan, b****ing about the manager and second guessing. If you’re a fan of the Cardinals, you b**** about LaRussa, the Phillies, Bowa, etc., etc....

I'm just sick of 3 straight years of poor fundamentals (no situational hitting, poor baserunning, mediocre fielding). Add to that a team that exhibits little intensity and leads the league in excuses...we played a number of teams this year when they were hot...Konerko / poor hitting backround....Frank.

I hope Manuel doesn't make it from the dugout to the clubhouse on Sunday before he is fired.

I was a Manuel supporter until this year. If he can't get his team fired up when they're two games away from putting the Twins basically away. He doesn't deserve to manage.

Actually, thats one of the few things I don't blame Manuel for. If a player can't get fired up for those Minnesota games than they really don't care about winning.

Given the choice to only fire one person, is it Manuel or Kenny and why?

Hands down Manuel.

He is the one whose responsible...bottom line...for not holding the players accountable for their lackluster play and lack of heart. He is the one that set the tone that you don't have to work for crap.

He needed to be more firey at times...not Lasorda firey, but if a player f's up...hold them accountable don't just sit there. If you have a certain philosphy with guys moving over then preach it and don't give anyone a special order not to. Just get them over and go oppo and do the little things.

How the hell can you fire Kenny...he had a hell of a year. Only dumb things he does are when it comes to dulling out contracts. You can also bring up the Ritchie deal as well as the Koch one...but that got us Neal...so I'm still optimistic on that. Neal wins Cy Young for the Sox...Foulke closes for the A's for one year and then walks away to get big bucks elsewhere.

Neal wins Cy Young for the Sox...Foulke closes for the A's for one year and then walks away to get big bucks elsewhere.

I'd be happy with getting out of an inning without a walk.

let's not get carried away here.

he's got the potential to be good, but I don't see him winning a Cy Young.

hopefully I'm wrong.

By the way, my choice is Manuel.

In fact, if he is back next season, I won't be watching the team. I can't stand to watch mediocrity any longer.

The manager can't be a difference maker? ....... Jack McKeon. I rest my case.

The manager can't be a difference maker? ....... Jack McKeon. I rest my case.

Exactly right, Chicago and Florida r 2 very similar teams, and 1 could be going to the playoffs with the NL Wild Card and the other will prob have their team broken up during the offseason. It's all JM's fault, we should have never been below .500 bf the all star break in the 1st place, KW actually gave us a chance to win this but in the clutch the players didn't deliver. Simple as that.