August 29th Game Thread: ChiSox at Detroit Tigers

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (harkness @ Aug 29, 2016 -> 09:24 PM)
jones is okay.. not great.

When he is your 2nd best reliever... you are going to lose some games late.

Using Jones 3 days in a row is absolutely pointless.

Jones as 2nd to best reliever is fine; the Sox just need 3 Jones' and the one Jones doesn't need to pitch more than a few times a week now that the Sox, dare I say it Hahn and Ventura, are out of it and have been for months.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 30, 2016 -> 02:39 AM)
Ventura, Williams, Hahn and Cooper live in la la land. They are not grounded on planet earth.

These dim bulbs think the Sox are in the race and run the org/team as such.

I can't believe they all thought we had a contender. What we had was a one and a half month wonder.

As far as tonight ... ho hum we are patsies of Detroit, Cleveland and KC. At least my guy Saladino excelled again and Anderson is hot again. Love that. Nate is a 6 out of 10 folks. That's all he is. A 6.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 29, 2016 -> 09:50 PM)
Using Jones 3 days in a row is absolutely pointless.

Jones as 2nd to best reliever is fine; the Sox just need 3 Jones' and the one Jones doesn't need to pitch more than a few times a week now that the Sox, dare I say it Hahn and Ventura, are out of it and have been for months.

I'd agree with most of that sentiment.

Sox have now blown and lost 11 games where they had a lead in the 7th inning or later.

Jones now has nine blown saves, three losses and has had a direct hand in six of those 11 blown games.

He needs to be moved out of the late inning role next year perhaps to the 6th or 7th inning if the Sox revamp their bullpen.

Meanwhile its just another divisional loss, one of many this year and many more to come in the final month.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 29, 2016 -> 08:32 PM)
Sox have now blown and lost 11 games where they had a lead in the 7th inning or later.

Jones now has nine blown saves, three losses and has had a direct hand in six of those 11 blown games.

He needs to be moved out of the late inning role next year perhaps to the 6th or 7th inning if the Sox revamp their bullpen.

Meanwhile its just another divisional loss, one of many this year and many more to come in the final month.

Mark

Always love your stats man. Good on ya.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 29, 2016 -> 11:15 PM)
I can't believe they all thought we had a contender. What we had was a one and a half month wonder.

As far as tonight ... ho hum we are patsies of Detroit, Cleveland and KC. At least my guy Saladino excelled again and Anderson is hot again. Love that. Nate is a 6 out of 10 folks. That's all he is. A 6.

Greg: I am coming around on saladino as a regular 2nd baseman. If he can hit .260 ish and 15 HR that is pretty good production from 2nd. How does he look defensively?/ This is his first year really playing 2nd so he certainly can't be expected to be like Sanchez. Hopefully he is looking better