9/4 White Sox at Twins

flavum

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting take on MLB network just now - Robertson was measured as having the "longest stride" in the big leagues and when his fastball was 93 the long stride made it harder to pick up the ball, but if he were to lose a little in velocity in their opinion that could trigger a really dramatic dropoff.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 4, 2016 -> 04:45 PM)
Interesting take on MLB network just now - Robertson was measured as having the "longest stride" in the big leagues and when his fastball was 93 the long stride made it harder to pick up the ball, but if he were to lose a little in velocity in their opinion that could trigger a really dramatic dropoff.

According to fangraphs, his fastball is as quick as ever.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 4, 2016 -> 09:48 PM)
Why is it when the teams sucks, the manager gets blamed, the hitting coach gets blamed, and when it's good, they really don't get much credit. Yet, with Cooper it is exactly the opposite. He gets credit for all their success, no no blame for their failure.

His magic is long gone

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 4, 2016 -> 03:45 PM)
I'd be interested to see where the Sox rank in division road games over the last five years. I'm guessing last.

Interestingly, they have played better in KC than in Chicago recently.

For whatever reason, the suckage doesn't seem to discriminate...in general. In Detroit, the Tigers have owned the Sox.

Eaton wearing an 0 for 6.

Nate Jones is next. Wimmer for the Twins.

Seven blown saves for Robertson, plus the six or seven run lead that was blown that doesn't actually count as a blown save because you can't pitch yourself into a save situation, so essentially 8.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 4, 2016 -> 04:48 PM)
Why is it when the teams sucks, the manager gets blamed, the hitting coach gets blamed, and when it's good, they really don't get much credit. Yet, with Cooper it is exactly the opposite. He gets credit for all their success, no no blame for their failure.

His rotations have remained decent based on 2 guys that were developed 5 years ago. But as I tried to point out a couple weeks ago - pitching development isn't keeping up with the standard they're demanding either.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 4, 2016 -> 04:48 PM)

Agreed. He's not accountable for "what have you done for us lately". I wouldn't miss him.