Police keep killing black people

Quin

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 18, 2017 -> 04:04 AM)
They actually have video of cops breaking windows. So shame on them I guess.

Actually not true. Cops addressed this with videos at the scene of alleged cop window breaking. Yes there are bad cops. But without cops society is over. Man is inherently evil and man would run amok without cops. Sad but true. Now are there bad cops? Hell yes. I'm still steaming about the condescending prick who pulled me over that night in Kansas when he was dying to catch a drunk but I haven't had a drink in years. LOL to him. There are bad cops. But these protestors piss me off when they disrupt society as they have been doing.

We just have to put pressure on our judicial system to convict crooked cops when the evidence says they committed a crime such as murder. From the "experts" on TV it seems it would have been tough to convict this past cop. Hence the judge did not convict.

Edited by greg775

The vandals are gonna face felony charges. Hope it was worth ruining one's life over to toss a garbage can lid through a window. Can you imagine if that's your first offense and your temper in this protest effectively ended any hope you had of making a good living? You are convicted of a felony? STUPID decisions protestors. This navy seal Gov. means business. (And if some cop threw a brick through a window, he can face a felony too).

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/g...885318db8a.html

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2017 -> 11:38 PM)
Actually not true. Cops addressed this with videos at the scene of alleged cop window breaking. Yes there are bad cops. But without cops society is over. Man is inherently evil and man would run amok without cops. Sad but true. Now are there bad cops? Hell yes. I'm still steaming about the condescending prick who pulled me over that night in Kansas when he was dying to catch a drunk but I haven't had a drink in years. LOL to him. There are bad cops. But these protestors piss me off when they disrupt society as they have been doing.

We just have to put pressure on our judicial system to convict crooked cops when the evidence says they committed a crime such as murder. From the "experts" on TV it seems it would have been tough to convict this past cop. Hence the judge did not convict.

Sad if you believe that to be true. I dont think people are inherently evil, I think that its often times easier to do bad things than good, but I like to think there are more "good" people than bad.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 18, 2017 -> 01:00 AM)
Sad if you believe that to be true. I dont think people are inherently evil, I think that its often times easier to do bad things than good, but I like to think there are more "good" people than bad.

Yep, I think he has that flipped. A small percentage of people commit crimes, a small percentage of cops are bad. But thats what makes good tv and thats what Greg pays attention to.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 18, 2017 -> 06:00 AM)

So you think there could be a society without cops and the courts, etc? No way. There's a percentage of people that would run amok and gain power and cause all sorts of mayhem. I love good people but without authority? A few power hungry people (I won't say the H word) would take over before long.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 18, 2017 -> 12:39 PM)
Yep, I think he has that flipped. A small percentage of people commit crimes, a small percentage of cops are bad. But thats what makes good tv and thats what Greg pays attention to.

I'm just saying we need cops. Do any of you disagree? I mean think of the workplace. Usually (at bad jobs) there's a couple aggressive power hungry warriors that move to the top and make life hell on everybody.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2017 -> 12:31 PM)
Well people shouldn't shift tactics to tactics that could end up putting them behind bars. All violence does is harm innocent people. Peaceful protests can get a message across. Dr. King was against violence and he remains the greatest of all time. What good are violent protests? If you end up in jail and get convicted of a crime in a protest, good luck finding a job someday.

I'm against the protests as far as "team." I think it's the wrong setting for one guy on a team to take a stand like that in a team sport. I think it is ill advised of the player who protests but I'm not against doing it because it's not illegal or unsafe. I doubt it would cause a riot or anything like that. I think I said it was pretty selfish of a QB to protest when he knows he's just turned all the attention on himself in a team sport.

I could be wrong on my take. Perhaps Colin's teammates a.) didn't mind at all. b.) didn't care that he was putting all the attention on himself. b.) were glad he had all the media attention so they could take a break from interviews. Remember how there was a theory (incorrect obviously) that Ozzie liked to make outlandish statements to take the heat off his players. Keep the media busy with his antics and let the players play.

2.) Whenever somebody goes after the flag, it is usually an unwinnable situation because you are offending our great men and women of the military past and present. He can say all he wants about treatment of minorities but not standing at attention for the anthem?? You are attacking the soldiers who lost limbs serving our country and gave their lives. Usually these athletes that take a stand cannot survive such behavior because they are personally slapping our military personnel in the face. Watch the Military when the flag is present. Have you been to a military funeral? If the anthem is played ... wow, such respect.

Your words.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 18, 2017 -> 08:36 PM)
2.) Whenever somebody goes after the flag, it is usually an unwinnable situation because you are offending our great men and women of the military past and present. He can say all he wants about treatment of minorities but not standing at attention for the anthem?? You are attacking the soldiers who lost limbs serving our country and gave their lives. Usually these athletes that take a stand cannot survive such behavior because they are personally slapping our military personnel in the face. Watch the Military when the flag is present. Have you been to a military funeral? If the anthem is played ... wow, such respect.

Your words.

Wow. I endorse my post. Well written IMO. Heartfelt.

Last night the coppers really got aggressive. I watched the tape of Reb Z getting arrested. They kettled in a group of protestors once the windows started getting smashed and a lot of innocents got maced and arrested. So did some of the professional protestors. I'm telling you, these St. Louis cops were not like Ferguson. They kept their patience but later at night the past few nights they made some arrests aggressively. One of the cops called Reb Z "superstar." They really were looking to get him it seemed. They finally nabbed him.

I tell you, if you are innocent protestor and windows start getting smashed and you stick around, you are pretty dumb. Those people arrested are not gonna get off lightly. St. Louis cops came to play once the windows started getting smashed each night.

The purpose of protests is to disrupt. It is why one protests injustice. It is supposed to be uncomfortable for the majority, and it is perfectly legal based on the constitution. The issue isn't the protesting itself; it is the fact that the police don't allow it. Where the hell is the ACLU? The problem is that most people want to maintain the status quo and don't actually want to help other people.

Modern American society denigrates the qualities that make us decent human beings(compassion for others and community) and rewards the behavior of sociopaths and narcissists. Look no further than the man who is running the country. Society rewards the power hungry, ruthless, and cruel, and always has. Until we as humans evolve our thinking about these things, we will continue down a path of species self destruction.

Edited by Jack Parkman

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Sep 19, 2017 -> 05:26 AM)
The problem is is that the purpose of protests is to disrupt. It is why one protests injustice. It is supposed to be uncomfortable for the majority, and it is perfectly legal based on the constitution. The issue isn't the protesting itself; it is the fact that the police don't allow it. Where the hell is the ACLU? The problem is that most people want to maintain the status quo and don't actually want to help other people.

Modern American society denigrates the qualities that make us decent human beings(compassion for others and community) and rewards the behavior of sociopaths and narcissists. Look no further than the man who is running the country. Society rewards the power hungry, ruthless, and cruel, and always has. Until we as humans evolve our thinking about these things, we will continue down a path of species self destruction.

I can accept this post.

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Sep 18, 2017 -> 11:26 PM)
The purpose of protests is to disrupt. It is why one protests injustice. It is supposed to be uncomfortable for the majority, and it is perfectly legal based on the constitution. The issue isn't the protesting itself; it is the fact that the police don't allow it. Where the hell is the ACLU? The problem is that most people want to maintain the status quo and don't actually want to help other people.

Come on, this is so freakin' short sighted. I wouldn't label any of the presidents of my lifetime (Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2, Obama) to be any of those things.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Sep 20, 2017 -> 04:42 PM)
Come on, this is so freakin' short sighted. I wouldn't label any of the presidents of my lifetime (Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2, Obama) to be any of those things.

Buddy, I got some news for you about Reagan.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 20, 2017 -> 08:44 PM)
At least you fully endorse your statement that black people shouldn't protest anything that is important to you.

Just keep it legal and safe or you should be arrested if u are protesting. Are you in favor in any instance of disrupting traffic or breaking businesses' windows? Please answer. The minute a person is blocked from getting to the hospital because of illegal protesting or a business has to rebuild because of protestors ... that's just wrong. Also at any moment you or a loved one can take a bottle to the head. it happens. This is real life and it is wrong.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 21, 2017 -> 11:55 AM)
Just keep it legal and safe or you should be arrested if u are protesting. Are you in favor in any instance of disrupting traffic or breaking businesses' windows? Please answer. The minute a person is blocked from getting to the hospital because of illegal protesting or a business has to rebuild because of protestors ... that's just wrong. Also at any moment you or a loved one can take a bottle to the head. it happens. This is real life and it is wrong.

And yet you just wrote that your argument for why people shouldn't legally and safely protest during the National Anthem was eloquent. Which of your statements would you like to support?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2017 -> 02:58 PM)
And yet you just wrote that your argument for why people shouldn't legally and safely protest during the National Anthem was eloquent. Which of your statements would you like to support?

Both.

My anthem argument was it's not good for a team sport. One guy on an island is not good for the team morale. Coaches are so into team, it is ridiculous to have one guy breaking away on his own island.

Dr. King would be AGAINST breaking windows in St. Louis folks and disrupting traffic. I pray you have no relatives who need to get to the hospital and are blocked by protestors blocking the street! It's illegal and actually selfish and even cruel that a woman trying to give birth can't get to the f***ing hospital because the highway is blocked by illegal protestors.

You tell me Dr. King would approve and I might change my position.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 22, 2017 -> 03:19 PM)
I wonder how much of the direct action during the 50's and 60's civil rights movement was legal?

Dr. Martin Luther King was in favor of legal, safe, peaceful protesting. And he was one of the greatest men to EVER live, folks.

1) the civil rights movement was larger than just King

2) please educate yourself on what King actually did. he certainly did not take a view that protest shouldn't bother or inconvenience anyone. they were also often illegal. he even ended up in jail and wrote a famous letter admonishing the people who were tut-tutting him for his actions just as you're doing to protesters today!

https://www.africa.upenn.edu/Articles_Gen/L...Birmingham.html

I'm not doing a history lesson on Dr. King who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964 for his "nonviolent resistance to racial prejudice in America."

How bout this ONE article for research purposes though.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/martin-luther-ki...vil-rights.html

p.s. What in the hell good are unlawful protests in which people are put in harm's way?? Do you want one of your loved ones to get arrested on a serious felony charge of rioting (life ruined BTW; it's over, might as well either reserve a spot on the food stamp lists) or worse yet, DIE in a disruptive protest? Or get brain damage from a bottle hitting your loved one in the head; or have your loved one not be able to get to the hospital because of hooligans in the streets blocking the way?? That's more than simply"inconveniencing people" as you put it.

Dr. King pleaded for PEACE. Peaceful demonstrations! None of this nonsense was in his protest vocabulary.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 22, 2017 -> 10:24 AM)
it's not good for a team sport. One guy on an island is not good for the team morale. Coaches are so into team, it is ridiculous to have one guy breaking away on his own island.

You definitely have your priorities straight. An entire community of brown and black folks are upset at how they are being treated with so many high-profile cases of their people being murdered for no reason. But let's make sure a bunch of guys playing a kids' sport can happily ignore all of that for the greater good of entertainment.

Edited by BigSqwert