World Series: Indians vs. Cubs

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 09:59 PM)
I was a Cub fan as a kid because they played day baseball and WGN was the TV station for kids because they had Ray Rayner and Bozo, and Creature Feature. My favorite Cub player was Joe Pepitone because we were both left handed. Then one year the Cubs played a basketball charity game across the street fro my house. I got autographs from Santo, Monday, the R brothers and Billy Williams signed my glove. Back then you thought it was cool to have autographs instead of thinking they might have some value later on. Funny how the mindset has changed.

I was a cub fan as kid myself because my grandfather would take me to games. Then in 1994 in highschool I made the switch and never looked back.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 08:59 PM)
I'm not saying they are gonna necessarily go back to back, but they are lights years better than any of the Giants teams that won every other year 3X.

It all boils down to who is hot at the right time. Did you think Cleveland would be in the WS? Odd that for 3 years an AL Central team made it there.

Have you forgot the Sept. cool down by the 2005 Sox? They lost only one post season game. One of the most dominant WS teams in history. We assumed it would happen in 2006 gaining Thome.

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 09:03 PM)
The Tribe won't even get another baserunner in this game. Hopefully this collapse gets into their heads and the Sox can kick their ass next year.

Only if CLE goes to the NL. I'm glad they made it. To me Cleveland, Ohio, and severe depression are synonyms.