President-Elect Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 08:03 AM)
From a philosophical perspective, I would be inclined to stick with what seems to be the general view: zygotes are not persons. I do accept the obvious: a zygote is alive (as is an amoeba or any cell in my body), a zygote has full human DNA (as does almost any cell in my body), and a zygote has the potential to be an important part of a causal chain that leads to a human being (as does any cell in my body that could be used in cloning). However, these qualities of a zygote do not seem to be sufficient to establish it as a person. After all, the relevant qualities of the zygote seem to be duplicated by some of the cells in our bodies and it would be absurd to regard each of us as a collective of persons.

Philosophy has nothing to do with this discussion and I think you know that.

We can agree to disagree tho on the original topic

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 08:51 AM)
It's too bad some people didn't have this "unity" and "we need to come together stuff 8 years, but do now.

It is just as frustrating to have spent a month on the "accepting the election" question, and then see articles about things like changing electoral votes even being a thing.

People. All people, need to take a step back.

Personally, I would love to see Trump keep the tone of his victory speech, and his post_Obama talks, and talk about how there is no place in this country for hate. While I didn't want him to win, he won, so now is the time to lead. The incidents of hate and violence happening from both sides need to stop.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 09:09 AM)
Trump picks anti-LGBT hate group to run domestic policy transition

“I think homosexuality is a lifestyle, it’s a choice, and that lifestyle can be changed,” Blackwell said

Trump off to a good start with LGBT community.

Many people choose to be persecuted and have less freedom and rights than everyone else.....

f***ing idiots. This is a problem

THE TRiUMPh OF DEMOCRACY v

Nov 9, 2016, 8:04 PM

From Michael Green

Details

Democracy and freewill have triumphed over the evils of ‘political correctness’, the tyranny of an elitist minority and their trend-sucking dilettantes in the media. This song is therefore dedicated to the brave voters in America - and their kindred conservative allies abroad - who defied/rejected the smears, lies and intimidation of REGRESSIVE liberalism to take back their country. Trump's presidency spells an end to the racist, sexist, xenophobic and homophobic schemes of the ruling libtard left. America now embarks on a path of common sense policies that END: the sacrifice of Judaeo-Christian values on the alter of multiCULTist immigration, the fight against islamo-fascism, the elitist agenda of globalization, the divisive narrative of political correctness, and US economic/military decline. To those who supported HiLIARy, I openly encourage them to emigrate to any dictatorial country in the world, where I am sure your short-sighted, social re-engineering idealism will be warmly welcomed and embraced. Just make sure the door doesn't hit you on the way out of Western Civilization, and don't go away mad - just go away!

God Bless the U.S.A. by Lee Greenwood

www.youtube.com

PLEASE be respectful of each other, even if you're not from this great Country!! Thanks, and enjoy the video!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 03:44 PM)
Trump's presidency spells an end to the racist, sexist, xenophobic and homophobic schemes of the ruling libtard left. America now embarks on a path of common sense policies that END: the sacrifice of Judaeo-Christian values on the alter of multiCULTist immigration

We're ending xenophobia! All we need to do is get rid of all these immigrants and their stupid cultures!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 08:55 AM)
It is just as frustrating to have spent a month on the "accepting the election" question, and then see articles about things like changing electoral votes even being a thing.

Personally, I would love to see Trump keep the tone of his victory speech, and his post_Obama talks, and talk about how there is no place in this country for hate. While I didn't want him to win, he won, so now is the time to lead. The incidents of hate and violence happening from both sides need to stop.

Completely agree

QUOTE (brett05 @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 09:58 AM)
We're broken because of people like you you wish hatred.

anyone who's not a white male in america feels hatred from their leader

https://www.yahoo.com/news/racial-tension-f...-061030608.html

take this story about racial tensions in Mt. Greenwood as an example

but Charles Barkley, Oprah and Obama say give Trump a chance...so that will magically fix everything said over the last 20 months of the campaign

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 08:55 AM)

Trump literally questioned the same process, the same election results and called for protest when Obama was elected. Its not entirely crazy that the same would happen to him.

American's love a comeback story, this has been shown with celebrities, sports stars, business people, etc.

My problem is, those people lost something. Or had to face adversity. Or had health problems. Or drug problems.

Our President Elect really hasn't. Bankruptcies? OK, maybe, but he's never been homeless. He doesn't talk about his parents like they were the thing that kept him going and losing them, had an adverse affect on his well being. He doesn't have a drug problem, that we know of.

My point in all of this is, at least to me, his rhetoric has already done the damage. In my eyes, he can't unmake that bed. I'm as forgiving as the next person, but when you are running on the slogan "Make America Great Again," and with the things he's said and things he's done, I can't forgive him while he's in that position. In my eyes, he will never be qualified. I will always respect the position of President. I will never be able to respect THIS MAN in that position.

Domestically, we'll ahve to deal with whatever works or doesn't work, but I'm not as worried about that, because, in that case, I believe Congress will prevail by reminding our President Elect that the US isn't a business.

Every candidate, Dem or GOP had their issues. Things to be scared of. Only one of them acts like a petulant child. Only one of them uses the tone of, "Oh yeah...well...you're ugly."

This is a man that will be representing us at G8 conferences. Will be discussing foreign policy with heads of state who are infinitely more qualified than he is. Might be brokering peace treaties. That has the authority, without Congress' approval, to send troops into a foreign country.

I can take a step back, but I still see him. And I am terrified.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 08:37 AM)
Trump literally questioned the same process, the same election results and called for protest when Obama was elected. Its not entirely crazy that the same would happen to him.

I think the point is that democrats all held Trump to task, when they were sure they were going to win, about his hesitancy to promise he would accept the results of the election...now they lose, and they are crying about the results of the election.

It's not good optics for them.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 10:37 AM)

And then you have Joe Walsh,

October 26th: "On November 8th, I'm voting for Trump. On November 9th, if Trump loses, I'm grabbing my musket. You in?"

Yesterday: "These anti-Trump babies need to accept the election results and show respect."

Yeah.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 10:45 AM)
And then you have Joe Walsh,

October 26th: "On November 8th, I'm voting for Trump. On November 9th, if Trump loses, I'm grabbing my musket. You in?"

Yesterday: "These anti-Trump babies need to accept the election results and show respect."

Yeah.

Do you think Joe literally called for violence? And more so he choose to grab an out of date antique weapon to perform such violence? Come on now.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 10:39 AM)
I think the point is that democrats all held Trump to task, when they were sure they were going to win, about his hesitancy to promise he would accept the results of the election...now they lose, and they are crying about the results of the election.

It's not good optics for them.

It isn't. But as they say on Law and Order..."He opened the door."

QUOTE (brett05 @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 10:46 AM)
Do you think Joe literally called for violence? And more so he choose to grab an out of date antique weapon to perform such violence? Come on now.

Sorry, I'll say it in different words.

Mr. Walsh said he wouldn't accept it if Mrs. Clinton was elected

THEN

Mr. Walsh was calling out people for not accepting Mr. Trump being elected.

Nothing to do with violence or guns or anything, but acceptance.

He's being hypocritical. But thanks for being so literal.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 11:00 AM)
good use of the Walsh talking points memo when he attempted to walk that one back, though...

what boogeymen will the nra use with Obama and Clinton gone now? Nancy Pelosi and Charles Schumer want to take your guns away? they can't exactly hang that issue on Bernie Sanders, either

Business is way down for them now that a gun friendly administration is on its way in. Their sales are much better when there is fear.