Gammons on Manuel

DonkeyKongerko

Gammons says nicely what we've been thinking all year.  He says Sox need to find someone that is "a little tougher um... a little stronger...".  Meanwhile Bobby V. plugs Wally Backman to take over the helm.

Sweet.

Another name came to mind today when I was watching the Cubs game. Larry Rothschild is pretty well respected and could be a possibility if they want to go with a respected guy who probably wouldn't cost a ton.

You can't really blame him for failing in Tampa.

Sweet.

Another name came to mind today when I was watching the Cubs game.  Larry Rothschild is pretty well respected and could be a possibility if they want to go with a respected guy who probably wouldn't cost a ton.

You can't really blame him for failing in Tampa.

Can Larry be intense, or is he more laid back? Just wondering...

Never paid much attention to the Drays when he was there. I know they spent a lto of money and never won. He comes off as a pretty mellow kind of guy.

I know I personally back Backman and have no problem with Bobby V.

The only guys I don't want to see are Joe Torre, Tony Larussa and Jerry Manuel.

I really would like to see Jim Leyland or Tom Kelly manage. Possibly go nuts and have Girardi or Guillen manage like the tribune said about the 2010 team.  :D

If your looking at 2010, wouldn't you be looking at Sandy Alomar and Guillen. I can see Alomar, but what ties does Girardi have to the Sox. I would think Guillen would have a shot, seems to be doing well in Florida, and Alomar should be a coach in our system then.

If your looking at 2010, wouldn't you be looking at Sandy Alomar and Guillen. I can see Alomar, but what ties does Girardi have to the Sox. I would think Guillen would have a shot, seems to be doing well in Florida, and Alomar should be a coach in our system then.

I would take...

Ozzie Guillen, Wally Backman, Tom Kelly, Lloyd McClendon or even Jeff Torborg

Don't want..

Joe "Really Overrated" Torre

Jim" I retire when things get tough" Leyland

Or Bobby "The Man in the Mask" Valentine

Guest hotsoxchick1
:bang  :bang  :D

Great Banner SoxnBears.. But isn't it The Kids can Play 3???  :D

josh after all the years of the kids can play it should be.... "the kids better play or get some in here who can"...... ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1
josh after all the years of the kids can play it should be.... "the kids better play or get some in here who can"......

My Bad  :bang  :bang

:lol: :lol: :lol: easy josh its ok.... lol...

Guest hotsoxchick1
There was a player quoted saying that there would be a mutiny if Backman got the job.

and that player most likely wont be here next year anyhow so bring in wally...... :headbang and let the mutiny begin .. hell it couldnt be worse than the one they did for jm........ :D

and that player most likely wont be here next year anyhow so bring in wally...... :headbang and let the mutiny begin .. hell it couldnt be worse than the one they did for jm........ :D

I still think it was Konerko or Franky Boy.. The bigmouths of the team