2017 Republican Thread

bmags

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 02:40 PM)
Also, just to be clear on this. This woman never touched the guy who punched her. She didn't grab him or anything.

There was a scrum when a group of white supremacist attacked defended themselves from antifa protesters. This dude singled her out, ran up to herwas trying to get involved in one of the scrums (I like that word), saw her coming for him and punched her in the face. Then he ran away oi find someone else to punch.

I corrected your post a bit. Yeah, she was just a poor, innocent bystander on her way home from picking up medicine for her ailing grandmother. She ran up to the scrums, looked like she tried to kick one of the people on the ground, had her hands at the ready, then saw this guy and got whacked. Antifa has been pushing the violence envelope and it just looks like the other side figured if they were going to get blamed for violence even when they didn't do it, might as well get their pound of flesh, so to speak. Not saying the situation there as a whole is right, but also have no problems with her getting hit.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 07:52 PM)
God damn openly defending violent white supremacists who attacked a woman who hadn't attacked anyone.

who hadn't attacked anyone.

That's questionable. The woman was carrying (possibly for throwing?) a large glass bottle and she was clearly interested in being in the fray. This wasn't some innocent bystander.

Looks to have been a lot of s***heads on both ends of this brawl.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 02:52 PM)
God damn openly defending violent white supremacists who attacked a woman who hadn't attacked anyone.

That you can see in that few seconds of clip. Just what the f*** to you think she was there for? Decoration?

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 03:04 PM)
That you can see in that few seconds of clip. Just what the f*** to you think she was there for? Decoration?

What do you think he was there for?

I know it's hard for you to say anything bad about them, but it seems like he was looking for a fight.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 03:05 PM)
What do you think he was there for?

I know it's hard for you to say anything bad about them, but it seems like he was looking for a fight.

Yeah, I don't think anyone has said she was an innocent bystander or wasn't involved in the protest despite it being framed that way several times. But when a group of white supremacists who would gladly inflict lots of pain and suffering on people and are a direct threat to liberal democracy* and a group of people who are explicitly ideologically opposed to that go head-to-head, I know what side I'm going to say still has the moral high ground.

*short version is that fascists and nazis only care about a "free exchange of ideas" and democratic ideals as long as it allows them to seize power, and then they immediately crush dissent. I don't believe that there's anything worthwhile gained from allowing movements that advocate ethnic cleansing and destroying democracy to openly recruit and organize.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 03:17 PM)
I love how the people in this thread think one side is guilty and the other isn't. They're both guilty. The difference is that ANTIFA crashed a free speech rally because they don't like free speech?

The woman you're all defending was seen carrying around a wine bottle and defended ANTIFA people throwing an M80 into crowd that blew up by an old lady. Take your partisan hats off, these people are savages.

Antifa = savages

Neo-Nazi = free speech enthusiasts.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 03:29 PM)
Your post would look a lot better if i didn't indict both sides in the post that precedes yours. Don't let reality get in the way of your agenda though.

My agenda is anti-fascist, and anti-white supremacist.

Whats yours?

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 03:36 PM)
My agenda is anti-fascist, and anti-white supremacist.

Whats yours?

And if you go to a rally of either of their looking for a fight, and get one, you are wrong. They can speak too, however bad they are. That is my only defense of them.

So A Democrat has introduced a bill to amend presidential removal procedures. In short, he wants to have a panel made up of former presidents and VPs to decide. yeah, Obama and Biden deciding on whether Trump should serve as president. Very funny.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/329206-h...oval-procedures

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 09:30 PM)
So A Democrat has introduced a bill to amend presidential removal procedures. In short, he wants to have a panel made up of former presidents and VPs to decide. yeah, Obama and Biden deciding on whether Trump should serve as president. Very funny.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/329206-h...oval-procedures

Take out Obama and Biden and the group of former Presidents/VPs would still probably vote to remove Trump. Bush 41 and Bush 43 both think he's trash.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 04:36 PM)
Take out Obama and Biden and the group of former Presidents/VPs would still probably vote to remove Trump. Bush 41 and Bush 43 both think he's trash.

i believe the proposal was for all living former presidents, vps and the current vp. but yeah, depending on who is in office, could be very bad.

The Civil Rights leaders were also terrorists when girls/children marching with them were attacked by fire hoses and police dogs.

Okay, so if it's perfectly legitimate to attack this woman, then when would it not be societally acceptable?

If she weighed under 100 pounds? Under 16 years old? 14? Disabled/in a wheelchair? Special needs? Imagine this was your daughter, would you still REALLY be on the side of the white supremacists/fascists?

Now they're photo shopping bottles in her hand to present her as more dangerous and justify assaulting her?

She's a terrorist but the others are simply free speech advocates?

What does Antifa even want in terms of their agenda, if they are supposedly terrorists? I don't recall Greg ever mentioning being afraid of a random Antifa attack outside his local Lawrence Applebee's.

It seems they are mostly confined to California and one well-publicized incident in DC around the Inauguration. White supremacy is less pervasive and threatening, somehow?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 11:31 PM)
For all those thinking the bottle wasn't photoshopped, here's an article with the pictures showing it, and you can click below for th video and clearly see something is missing. WTF, NO BOTTLE. Hey rabbit explain this one to me.

http://theralphretort.com/nathan-damigo-di...-punch-4017017/

Can you be more specific to where you think it's missing? It's not super clear from the video. The picture where she's being shoved towards the camera is from Reuters though. I wouldn't expect them to engage in photoshopping.

http://s2.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=...r=LYNXMPED3F003

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 06:39 PM)
Can you be more specific to where you think it's missing? It's not super clear from the video. The picture where she's being shoved towards the camera is from Reuters though. I wouldn't expect them to engage in photoshopping.

http://s2.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=...r=LYNXMPED3F003

You can stop the video and see there is nothing in her right hand. I saw a bigger picture of her with the fake bottle and I have seen the video, it might be more clear on another site, this one had both. But the fact is no one mentioned her holding a bottle before when she was attacked, now alll of a sudden one emerges.p, but not in the video. She was snapping pictures. A few outlets have that picture, but it was doctored.

Here's another link of photos of the punch. No bottle.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3343703/white...berkeley-rally/

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 19, 2017 -> 12:43 AM)
You can stop the video and see there is nothing in her right hand. I saw a bigger picture of her with the fake bottle and I have seen the video, it might be more clear on another site, this one had both. But the fact is no one mentioned her holding a bottle before when she was attacked, now alll of a sudden one emerges.p, but not in the video. She was snapping pictures. A few outlets have that picture, but it was doctored.

Here's another link of photos of the punch. No bottle.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3343703/white...berkeley-rally/

There are two separate punches. The bottle is (allegedly) present during the first one, not the second, more infamous one.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 19, 2017 -> 12:43 AM)
She was snapping pictures.

Huh? Even in the shortened form of the video that only includes the second punch, she's not taking pictures; she's looking to fight. Because she was fighting moments before that.

I would love for all those posters attacking this woman's "organization" (chaos/anarchy usually isn't defined as such) and what exactly it is that they wish to accomplish that is a threat to you, the US, the world, etc.

How can they be defined as terrorists? Are there members detained in Guantanamo Bay we don't know about?