Teams have upped their offers in Q derby in the last week

Al Lopez's Ghost

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 09:11 AM)
For those who would like to obssess over a new teams farm system, complete conjecture over a new team that should try to acquire him:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/a-new-jose-quintana-idea/

If Reyes isn't the headliner, I am not sure that a St Louis offer would beat what about half a dozen other teams could offer to top that.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Reyes isn't the headliner, I am not sure that a St Louis offer would beat what about half a dozen other teams could offer to top that.

STL would need to include like 5 or 6 quality prospects to make that work without including Reyes. But if you think of it that way, adding 5 guys to the org T30 with 2 or 3 of them in the overall T100 tier it does kinda make sense. I would need Kelly, Sierra and Perez to start...but man if there's a couple quality (like Dane Dunning types) guys filling out the deal I'd be interested.

Not sure STL would be though.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 02:43 PM)
REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH

I'm full meathead on this crap, too. I am wearing my White Sox jersey at work waiting for something to happen (we get casual friday. I almost always where a Chicago jersey)

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 02:43 PM)
I really do think something will happen. For him to not appear at the last minute makes me confident Hahn is still negotiating at the very least.

Well anytime he's not talking to the fans, media, eating, sleeping, or s***ting, he's likely talking to trade with someone.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 02:47 PM)
There has to be abother reason. I just cant see this as a trade. On the other hand they have to know this is going to raise many eyebrows.

So why is he not there?

All they have to do is play the Family card, and there's not much more you can ask. We'll see.