President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 24, 2017 -> 08:03 PM)
Are there absolutely no people on the right who actually care about the evil that's already happened? It's been 5 days. Every day delivers more awful news of mandates being brought down that make me ashamed to be American. I am ashamed to have to explain this to my daughter.

It's been a blessing so far and my daughters are happy with the decisions being made.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 05:54 AM)
I hope you're right, but fear you're wrong.

And it's not just Trump doing this. He couldn't accomplish much without the support of his party, and they seem fully behind him.

And based on his tweets this morning, they're definitely going farther down the voter suppression road and using his delusional beliefs about the popular vote as a justification. I really do fear that we're close to the edge of losing a true democracy here.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 24, 2017 -> 08:47 PM)
--A majority of voters didn't want him to be President, and since he was elected his support has been plummeting - which indicates how things may go for him

Just the opposite. His approval has gone from 38 on election day to 45 on Jan 23 with 10 percent undecided.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 24, 2017 -> 10:39 PM)
When your ancestors have been persecuted for thousands of years, you dont fret the cowards like Trump. He is a disaster and has more colossal failures than successes. People like him dont make it in the real world.

You are talking about the billionaire who is now President of the United States of America, right?

QUOTE (brett05 @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 06:40 AM)
Just the opposite. His approval has gone from 38 on election day to 45 on Jan 23 with 10 percent undecided.

This is the first time a president has received an initial approval rating under 50% in the history of the poll, which dates back to Dwight Eisenhower's first term in 1953.

Oh look, I am including a source: http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-first...resident-2017-1

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 24, 2017 -> 10:24 PM)
If you dont have belief in the goodness of other people, then what is the point of liberalism at all? No matter how much progress, there will always be times when humanity takes a step back. But we must persevere. Sometimes we forget that human existence has been a relatively short amount of time. But in that short amount of time we have created some truly magnificent things. And yes, humanity has done terrible things, but life before society was as Hobbes would say "No arts; no letters; no society; and which is worst of all, continual fear, and danger of violent death: and the life of man, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short." And that sentence was merely describing how much better humans had it with Kings, aristocrats, etc.

Less than 200 years ago, hundreds of thousands of Americans died because a large portion of our nation believed that slavery was okay.

In the last 100 years, millions have died fighting over invisible lines and religion.

Irrespective of Trump, we are moving forward. He is merely the last scream of a dying belief, its their Battle of the Bulge, and in the end, they will never recover from their losses.

You're the hero I needed this am. Thanks!

Still 20 net points behind Obama, 45/45 vs. 58+/38-.

Maybe if they didn't shoot themselves in the foot everyday with nonsense and alternative facts the country would see him as fulfilling many of his campaign promises...but there's also no simple way to quantify the damage done to the trustworthiness of the administration with the rest of the world.

Other than Israel, Russia and the Philippines, that measure of approval from the typical European country would only be around 15-25%...

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 07:00 AM)
This is the first time a president has received an initial approval rating under 50% in the history of the poll, which dates back to Dwight Eisenhower's first term in 1953.

Oh look, I am including a source: http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-first...resident-2017-1

Somewhere Kellyanne is reading your post saying, "but Hillary Clinton..."

Yeah no.

He's at 45% in the latest one I see, that's true. And he's the only modern President to be below 50% at this stage. Except of course he wasn't 38% on election day, as he got 48% of the votes. Also his 45% disapproval rating is dramatically higher than any other at this stage, most of whom have been around 15% on that number. He is not doing well, so far, in the eyes of the voting public.

The 38 number I cannot find anywhere, where did you get it? Link? Source?

QUOTE (brett05 @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 04:29 AM)
Sorry, education has increased as well. And that's just a quick one. Sorry, I stand by my earlier statement.

Not sure why anyone continues to interact with you. You are 100% anti-science and facts. This is my last reply to you.

Trump expected to order temporary ban on refugees

Could possibly be some really insane policy coming.

I also love the idea of no refugees from Iraq. Sorry we invaded your country for no reason and left in a state of bloody civil war and ruin, but don't you dare look to come here for help!

Also, no Saudi Arabia on that list. Wonder why that is?

@ThomasErdbrink 46m46 minutes ago

Rumours of US visa ban will hit Iran hardest. +1 million Iranian Americans and many more green card holders have many visitors from Iran.

@ThomasErdbrink 44m44 minutes ago

Also there are Iranian students in the US, artists, athletes visiting. Many lives will be uprooted by a potential visa ban

QUOTE (brett05 @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 06:29 AM)
Sorry, education has increased as well. And that's just a quick one. Sorry, I stand by my earlier statement.

The Colorado program started in 2009. What leaps in education occurred between 2008 and 2009 that would have had a massive impact on pregnancy and abortion rates?

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 09:11 AM)
Trump expected to order temporary ban on refugees

Could possibly be some really insane policy coming.

I also love the idea of no refugees from Iraq. Sorry we invaded your country for no reason and left in a state of bloody civil war and ruin, but don't you dare look to come here for help!

Also, no Saudi Arabia on that list. Wonder why that is?

@ThomasErdbrink 46m46 minutes ago

Rumours of US visa ban will hit Iran hardest. +1 million Iranian Americans and many more green card holders have many visitors from Iran.

@ThomasErdbrink 44m44 minutes ago

Also there are Iranian students in the US, artists, athletes visiting. Many lives will be uprooted by a potential visa ban

It's a good thing all those moderate Republicans in Congress are standing up to Trump...

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 09:31 AM)
It's a good thing all those moderate Republicans in Congress are standing up to Trump...

Hey. Senator McCain talks very tough (and then promptly votes for all measures and nominees)

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 07:00 AM)

Great, the comment was it is getting worse and it's not, it is getting better.

Current Approval

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

In fact he's now at 57%. Moving up rapidly from the 38 on election night.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 08:20 AM)
Yeah no.

He's at 45% in the latest one I see, that's true. And he's the only modern President to be below 50% at this stage. Except of course he wasn't 38% on election day, as he got 48% of the votes. Also his 45% disapproval rating is dramatically higher than any other at this stage, most of whom have been around 15% on that number. He is not doing well, so far, in the eyes of the voting public.

The 38 number I cannot find anywhere, where did you get it? Link? Source?

I can't find my original link but here is a different one and as you can see, 38 range on election day

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/ot...rable-5493.html

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 08:48 AM)
Not sure why anyone continues to interact with you. You are 100% anti-science and facts. This is my last reply to you.

Promise? (Why do I doubt it.)

I am pro-science and pro-fact. The issue is many pass off opinions and faith as both of these. I am not in favor of that at all.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 09:53 AM)
I can't find my original link but here is a different one and as you can see, 38 range on election day

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/ot...rable-5493.html

That graph also shows Trump's current approval rating at 41.8% (and has trended down since a peak of 44.5% in mid-December) with Rasmussen's polls as an outlier...

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 09:28 AM)
The Colorado program started in 2009. What leaps in education occurred between 2008 and 2009 that would have had a massive impact on pregnancy and abortion rates?

Social Media and it's ease of access comes right to mind.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 09:57 AM)
That graph also shows Trump's current approval rating at 41.8% (and has trended down since a peak of 44.5% in mid-December) with Rasmussen's polls as an outlier...

And we all know about those outliers from election night don't we?

EDIT: The graph stops at Jan 20.

Edited by brett05