President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 24, 2017 -> 01:35 PM)
So, you are counting on a hypothetical, not very likely to happen, nuclear war to try and back up your claim that the world is falling apart.

If you used actual statistics you would know that Violent Crime, mass killings, homicides etc are all way down around the world. You should ignore the bulls*** headlines you read and pay attention to actual facts. The 40's to the 90's were all MUCH more dangerous globally and domestically than now. By a pretty decent factor actually.

I can't find the data and graphs now, but if you actually look at the 70s-80s-90s in Western Europe, there was more terrorism and bombings than there is now.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony @ May 24, 2017 -> 01:53 PM)
I've used this video before, this is frustratingly 100% true.

Greg's opinion is a nice look into that headline influence vs actual facts. Fear mongering is a very effective way to control the narrative.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 24, 2017 -> 08:04 PM)
Greg's opinion is a nice look into that headline influence vs actual facts. Fear mongering is a very effective way to control the narrative.

Just remember I predicted us attacking N Korea when it occurs.

What about Bannon and Tillerson? McMaster? Did they meet him? I would be incensed if Stephen Miller got to, if I was Spicer. I might quit and let Huckabee/Guilfoyle have the job in order to pre-emptively restore my reputation and wall off some of the damage coming from the Mueller investigation.

Former FBI Director James Comey had lower job approval ratings than that of President Donald Trump in the latest Harvard-Harris Poll, the Hill reported Monday. The president fired Comey on May 9 over his handling of the investigation into Democrat Hillary Clinton’s email scandal.

According to the poll whose results were released to the Hill, 60 percent of voters disapproved of Comey’s job at the bureau compared to 40 percent who approved it. Moreover, 70 percent expressed disapproval over the way Comey probed Clinton’s email scandal. His favorability rating was 31 percent positive compared to 39 percent negative, the Hill reported, citing poll results.

“The polling on Comey shows that President Trump is more in trouble for the way he fired Comey rather than for removing him,” Mark Penn, co-director of the Harvard-Harris survey, told the news outlet.

None of that is good news for Trump...it simply shows how unpopular Comey was with Democrats for "screwing up" the election in the last 10 days. That has nothing to do with his reasons for firing him, which were ALL about Russia despite the laughable smokescreen.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 24, 2017 -> 09:34 PM)
Trump didn't let Spicer meet the Pope, such a scummy move. Spicer is a Catholic, but more important to let Jared and Ivanka meet him.

Really shows the type of human Trump is.

DT really is a petty piece of s***, but Spicer made his bed and now he has to lie in it.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 25, 2017 -> 02:34 AM)
Trump didn't let Spicer meet the Pope, such a scummy move. Spicer is a Catholic, but more important to let Jared and Ivanka meet him.

Really shows the type of human Trump is.

I didn't read the story yet but this is degrading. If I were Spicer I damn well would have met the Pope and resigned if Trump called me on it. I mean did Spicer have to hide in the corner while everybody else was meeting the Pope?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 24, 2017 -> 10:54 PM)
I didn't read the story yet but this is degrading. If I were Spicer I damn well would have met the Pope and resigned if Trump called me on it. I mean did Spicer have to hide in the corner while everybody else was meeting the Pope?

No, that was 6'7" James Comey attempting to hide behind the Oval Office curtains in order NOT to shake hands or get a hug from Trump.

You're getting confused.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 24, 2017 -> 10:55 PM)
I wonder if a scenario ever existed where there would be several news outlets writing the same story about President Obama choosing to travel with Malia Obama over Josh Earnest.

If Gibbs or Earnest were part of the President's travel party....both their religions were Catholic, and they were excluded while HRC/Kerrey, Emanuel/Rouse/Lew/McDonough, Plouffe, Axelrod all met the Pope, yeah, it would be a story.

Then again, Earnest or Gibbs were never featured for an entire season on SNL and could hardly be identified by 3-5% of the US population.

Spicer's probably at 50+% recognizability. He's also by all accounts on the verge of being fired next week by Trump.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 24, 2017 -> 11:17 PM)
Do you have any sources to these stats? Or are you really using your own made up percentages, with no methodology or modeling to note, as the basis of support for an argument expressing that something that didn't happen in the past would have happened in the past?

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/18/sean-spi...-ratings-climb/

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/a...ite-house-aides

Okay, not 50%, but 30%...of course, this was in mid-April, and now we're almost at the end of May, so 50% might not be off by much at all. He's gotten a lot more attention than Kellyanne Conway since that point, as she basically disappeared from the public eye completely.

You're welcome to randomly go ask 100 people in your hometown if they know who Josh Earnest or Robert Gibbs (not the football coach, lol) are/were...you won't find many, unless you seek out active Democrats.

Edited by caulfield12

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/05...op-news-videos/

Audio recording of incident....judge for yourself who was the aggressor.

Three major MT newspapers withdrew their endorsements overnight, candidate charged with misdemeanor, judged not to merit felony charges by same sheriff who donated to Gianforte's campaign..Fox News reporter Acuna standing by The Guardian reporter's account of events.

65-70% of votes are already in before Election Day Thursday. Gianforte was believed to have a 3-5 point margin coming into the final week.

Edited by caulfield12

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/25/europe/manch...k-uk/index.html

UK/May to tell Trump to stop US intelligence leaks

May's statement came a day after UK Home Secretary Amber Rudd said the leaks were "irritating," and that she had made it clear to the United States that it "should not happen again."

Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham told the BBC earlier Thursday that the leaks were "arrogant."

He added, "The cooperation between the US and the UK on intelligence matters is crucial for security around the world, so we can't... this can't see both sides pulling away, but that is why the Prime Minister, the government, are right to make this an issue at the summit today, and it's why I have taken a step of speaking out too, and making my concerns known."

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 24, 2017 -> 11:55 PM)
I wonder if a scenario ever existed where there would be several news outlets writing the same story about President Obama choosing to travel with Malia Obama over Josh Earnest.

What was Malia's role within the White House?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 24, 2017 -> 07:31 PM)
Just remember I predicted us attacking N Korea when it occurs.

I do appreciate you ignoring the part of my post that contradicted your entire point and focused on this nonsense. Kudos

If Malia got an office in the White House and sat in on policy discussions and meetings with foreign leaders, I would think there would be some stories of outrage for sure.

I didn't know Malia was hired as an advisor to the President.

Barron is on the trip?

I just read where she/Melania had to wait outside for 29 minutes while Donald and the Pope were meeting.

Funny the two best stories of the trip are her slapping his hand away twice in front of fifty cameras and the Pope joking about her overfeeding Trump...and all the memes about Trump never having read a single word of MLK from that gifted first edition set.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 25, 2017 -> 09:12 AM)
I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot from Constitutional Conservatives about this!

The Trump Organization Says It's 'Not Practical' to Comply With the Emoluments Clause

It's hard not to agree, it would be impossible to vet out. It's why it wouldn't be an issue if he actually put it at arms length, including not constantly using his own hotels for all travel.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 25, 2017 -> 12:17 AM)
Do you have any sources to these stats? Or are you really using your own made up percentages, with no methodology or modeling to note, as the basis of support for an argument expressing that something that didn't happen in the past would have happened in the past?

Ironic your response when compared to your question about something that didn't happen in the past.

As Obama didn't have his children, their significant others or any of his inmediste family members in high ranking positions l, it'd hard to speculate what the response would have been.

That being said, I can say that the response to Obama being elected president included denying he was an American, I believe I can safely speculate that media outlets would have written storied about something that is newsworthy.

Interesting response though, I guess even when something isn't political people are going to blame Obama than question their dear leader Trump.

Seriously f*** that Obama guy, did you know he used fancy mustard one time, not like common man ketchup eating Trump.

(typed this on a phone so fixing a few typos)

Edited by Soxbadger