Pedro Alvarez

BlackSox13

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Mar 12, 2017 -> 12:22 PM)
I don't call it a rebuild. I call it having one of the lowest if not lowest payroll in MLB. I fully expect the team to be sold after the 2018 season. It's much easier to sell a team with a low payroll and no long term contracts on the books. That's how I see this. If anybody thinks JR cares about anything else but money, I think they're misreading him entirely. I could be wrong. Time will tell.

It's not that you could be wrong. You are most definitely wrong.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 12, 2017 -> 12:42 PM)
I'm in your corner on this. There's no reason to have that low a payroll when you are a big league franchise playing in Chicago. Very sad. At least tickets should be dirt cheap for the best seats on the secondary ticket market sites this year if anybody wants to see The Cell once or twice a summer despite the product.

Tickets are always cheap for Sox games. Even when they're "contending".

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Mar 12, 2017 -> 10:22 AM)
I fully expect the team to be sold after the 2018 season.

I'll make it easy for you so that you don't have to allow "time" to tell.

He's not selling after next year because...for the 2,678th time, taxes would take a major bite out of any sale profit for him and his family. JR is a tax guy, that's how he got his start, he's a brilliant businessman, which is how he got enough money to buy the team in the first place, he's not stupid. The team will be sold after he has passed on...not before.

Please, stop beating the drum on something that makes ZERO financial sense to a guy who is nothing but finance as you correctly point out.

Mark

Edited by Lip Man 1

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Mar 13, 2017 -> 11:52 AM)
I'll make it easy for you so that you don't have to allow "time" to tell.

He's not selling after next year because...for the 2,678th time, taxes would take a major bite out of any sale profit for him and his family. JR is a tax guy, that's how he got his start, he's a brilliant businessman, which is how he got enough money to buy the team in the first place, he's not stupid. The team will be sold after he has passed on...not before.

Please, stop beating the drum on something that makes ZERO financial sense to a guy who is nothing but finance as you correctly point out.

Mark

Again, no one is buying that argument. If they wait until he dies, they risk getting taxed twice through the inheritance tax, so that would motivate him to sell the team sooner than later. You can keep bringing up taxes, but they are going to take a tax hit whenever the team is sold, so it is a moot point.