Jacob May

kwill

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 28, 2017 -> 02:25 PM)
Looks like he is a fan of #1. Also #3, but that ain't happening.

I hope he sticks with #64!!

I see he wore 1 in college, and it's part of his twitter handle. So, yes, 1 should be his number.

Also forgot 15 is available. Carson Fulmer should jump on that before it's gone.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 29, 2017 -> 12:30 PM)
I see he wore 1 in college, and it's part of his twitter handle. So, yes, 1 should be his number.

Also forgot 15 is available. Carson Fulmer should jump on that before it's gone.

Agreed on both accounts (thought not a big deal or anything)

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 29, 2017 -> 11:43 AM)
I think both have upsides as MLB regulars, the question is just what that floor is and how likely they are to get to their ceiling. Sanchez has a higher floor I'd say given that he's been a productive player in AAA. On the other hand, there's a little more mystery with May since he's arguably been rushed and has faced some injuries that an optimist might say have hidden his true potential.

I don't know, I feel the offense for infielders has appreciably increased. Not many terrible offensive, good defensive 2bers nowadays. Lots of poor offensive, good defensive outfielders. I think if May is a wizard he gets a lot of rope. Look at Ajax.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 29, 2017 -> 11:40 AM)
I don't know, I feel the offense for infielders has appreciably increased. Not many terrible offensive, good defensive 2bers nowadays. Lots of poor offensive, good defensive outfielders. I think if May is a wizard he gets a lot of rope. Look at Ajax.

Except Jackson averaged over a 100 in ops+ from 2010-2014....peaking at 129 in 2012.

Not to mention he became one of the top prospects for the Yankees (although a relatively low 8th round draft pick) and had a lot of hype around him based on some stellar minor league numbers.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 29, 2017 -> 01:02 PM)
Except Jackson averaged over a 100 in ops+ from 2010-2014....peaking at 129 in 2012.

Not to mention he became one of the top prospects for the Yankees (although a relatively low 8th round draft pick) and had a lot of hype around him based on some stellar minor league numbers.

Yes, but he was terrible last year but when he left everyone included that injury as a hit to our performance. It wasn't his hitting we missed, it was the seemingly great outfield he helped provide with Eaton in right. It wasn't and isn't easy for sox to upgrade in CF with a better offensive player with comparable defense.

There are a lot more options for replacing a pretty exclusive 2b with limited offensive profile.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 28, 2017 -> 12:00 AM)
Not sure if it really makes a difference for a fringe prospect like May, but why not keep him in the minors for a couple weeks to get the extra year of control just in case he becomes something in the big leagues?

Hes 25 and cant be a free agent until 31 so will likely past his prime when he hits free agency and hopefully supplanted by Basabe or Robert by then.