**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread V**

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 15, 2017 -> 11:02 AM)
I'd go if I were you. How often will you get a chance to see HHH, Angle, and Cena on the same show again?

Asuka has to be a Survivor for Raw women, or her being brought up and put in the match is for naught.

Would also like to see a Roode turn. Maybe he gets stuck in the ring with Braun and just walks out. I dunno

The WWE can have Asuka lose and protect her in a match like this -- it's not a one on one loss -- and it's the exact sort of thing they tend to do.

IMO, depending on their placement on the card, whoever wins Alexa vs Charlotte will determine who win's the 5 v 5, and if the 5 v 5 takes place first, that will also determine who win's the women's singles match. I think this is going to be 50/50 split with the women.

Alexa sucker punching Charlotte in the face last night was great.

Loved the entire end segment. I thought it came across as better than the Smackdown invasion of RAW. RAW just seemed to be a cast of all stars versus a bunch of mid-carders IMO, especially without AJ and Cena there.

Edited by Y2HH

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also of note, now that Charlotte is out of the 5 v 5, if Paige makes a surprise return to join team Smackdown, I expect team RAW to lose that match, regardless of Asuka.

In this scenario, I bet we see Paige help Alexa beat Charlotte, setting up a pretty major feud for Smackdown. This protects Charlotte and gives Alexa bragging rights that she put down the entire 4 Horsewomen.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 17, 2017 -> 08:47 AM)
This is actually the most excited for a wrestling weekend I've been in a long time. Lots of acts I actually care about in important matches in the E and the ROH stuff. Should be a good time.

Should punt OhNo vs Lars for Dunne vs Gargano on Takeover though.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 17, 2017 -> 09:00 AM)
Aren't Dunne and Gargano too short for you to like anyways?

I'd rather watch them then some fat guy in a 90's NBA jersey any day.

scs isn't here much anymore, is he?

Edited by Brian

I decided to give you unintelligent wrestling fans a piece of my highly acclaimed opinion in this thread once again. The reason? WWE has finally pulled out a pretty good line up and done some things right.

It started off with the absolutely awful invasion of Raw by Smackdown. Storyline wise, this was a terrible decision, but it has led us to a well booked PPV with a line up that is actually VERY GOOD.

First off, the replacement of Jinder with AJ has made this weekend much, much better. I don't expect Brock Lesnar to put on a good match with anyone anymore and I expect the match to less sub ten minutes with Brock winning after 1 F-5, but with AJ in the ring, you know we are going to get the absolute best that we can out of Brock. It will be an interesting match to watch, even if we know the typical Brock wrestling technique by now. Much, much more interesting then what could have been with Jinder vs. Brock. So kudos to WWE for making the move on this.

The 5on5 matches have shaped up well also. First, the main event 5on5: I have my criticisms with them placing HHH in there (and thus, burying Jason Jordan in the process). Also, I'm not a fan of Angle/Shane being there. This just proves how s*** their booking has been for the past year... if they can't come up with 5 legit stars on each team to do this, then what the f*** have they been doing? Anyway, the interesting part is the interaction between HHH and Angle as we expect them to have a storyline soon. I wonder how Jason Jordan will get involved as well. Will he finally turn heel? On who? Likely Angle? Anyway, should be a fun match, even though nothing is really 'on the line.'

Same deal with the women's 5on5, I fully expect one of the Bellas to take the 5th spot from Natalya.

NVM. I'm not going to write anymore. NXT Takeover should be awesome by the way

Kind regards. Maybe you guys can pay me to post in this thread and I will consider posting more. Cheers.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Nov 18, 2017 -> 01:58 PM)
I decided to give you unintelligent wrestling fans a piece of my highly acclaimed opinion in this thread once again. The reason? WWE has finally pulled out a pretty good line up and done some things right.

It started off with the absolutely awful invasion of Raw by Smackdown. Storyline wise, this was a terrible decision, but it has led us to a well booked PPV with a line up that is actually VERY GOOD.

First off, the replacement of Jinder with AJ has made this weekend much, much better. I don't expect Brock Lesnar to put on a good match with anyone anymore and I expect the match to less sub ten minutes with Brock winning after 1 F-5, but with AJ in the ring, you know we are going to get the absolute best that we can out of Brock. It will be an interesting match to watch, even if we know the typical Brock wrestling technique by now. Much, much more interesting then what could have been with Jinder vs. Brock. So kudos to WWE for making the move on this.

The 5on5 matches have shaped up well also. First, the main event 5on5: I have my criticisms with them placing HHH in there (and thus, burying Jason Jordan in the process). Also, I'm not a fan of Angle/Shane being there. This just proves how s*** their booking has been for the past year... if they can't come up with 5 legit stars on each team to do this, then what the f*** have they been doing? Anyway, the interesting part is the interaction between HHH and Angle as we expect them to have a storyline soon. I wonder how Jason Jordan will get involved as well. Will he finally turn heel? On who? Likely Angle? Anyway, should be a fun match, even though nothing is really 'on the line.'

Same deal with the women's 5on5, I fully expect one of the Bellas to take the 5th spot from Natalya.

NVM. I'm not going to write anymore. NXT Takeover should be awesome by the way

Kind regards. Maybe you guys can pay me to post in this thread and I will consider posting more. Cheers.

Deuces

WarGames was what I expected, but get ready to eye roll, i hate that it could end on a pin. Grew up on submission and surrender and I understand they need tweak things but, ya know. I like to nitpick

Aleister Black vs Velveteen Dream was incredible.

Edited by Brian

Someone paid my paypal with the request that I post some of my thoughts on the weekend's PPVs:

Takeover Wargames was great. VVD vs. Black was a MOTY candidate. Amazing storytelling and the match made VVD a star. WOW.

Wargames was great too.

SS was my favorite PPV of the year, even tho both of their 5on5's were horrendous. Mainly the men's 5on5 was just down right terrible when it didn't need to be. Nice to see Asuka/Braun looking strong tho. So that's ONE positive.

Shield vs. New Day was incredible. Aj vs. Brock was GOOD.

Overall, a decent PPV finally from WWE (first of the year maybe).

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 19, 2017 -> 10:01 PM)
That was easily the worst I have ever seen Cena look.

Yeah, he was mailing it in. Which made Joe’s elimination even worse.

I loved Angle back in the day but he looks really old. I would not be invested in an HHH VS Angle match at mania.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 07:20 AM)
Tag titles coming to the womens' division?

Hope not but I’ve heard those rumors as well.

Liv on SD works for me. I’m not a Ruby Riot fan but get she’s seasoned from indies and probably ready. No clue about Sarah Logan. That seems out of left field.

Think it's more likely that they might be moving towards a Women's rumble. We'll see.

Liv is going to die a death on the main roster cause she well sucks...sorry Brian. Ruby is a great in ring talent and she can talk so hopefully they actually let her use the mic. Logan is talented too and works pretty well as the muscle in a group.

Pretty surprised at this point that Peyton and Billie aren't up but maybe they go into the next feud for the title in NXT, I don't know. Their act is perfect for the main roster.