April 29th Game Thread: White Sox at Detroit

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Apr 29, 2017 -> 02:37 PM)
Is Swarzak the Albers of 2016? Hard to believe this is all for real after what happened last year.

I know. I'm trying to enjoy this for what it is, but I'm conflicted. If they're around .500 in the middle of June, I'd be excited.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Apr 29, 2017 -> 02:37 PM)
Is Swarzak the Albers of 2016? Hard to believe this is all for real after what happened last year.

I think Swarzak's might be a tad more sustainable. Added 2 MPH to his fastball and not walking anybody. I don't expect the walks to stay quite so low, but he doesn't exactly look like it's been all luck either.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 29, 2017 -> 02:47 PM)
No one should tell anyone else how to be a fan. We should all enjoy it for what it is.

Do I think they'll be .500 on June 15th? No, and that's one of the reasons baseball is great. With a season of 162 games everything usually falls where it's supposed to, you can't be lucky for that long.

But it's fun to watch right now.

And, no lie, after my dad passed it's giving me something to take my mind off things. One of the last things we did together was go to Spring Training together (he was a Dodger fan) and baseball will always be one of our connections. So despite however this year is supposed to go, seeing them play well has provided me a little lift and something to enjoy when I've been feeling down.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 29, 2017 -> 02:56 PM)
Love it.

Believe it or not, Sox baseball and Impractical Jokers have both helped. Baseball was always a connection between my dad and I. IJ is just on TV all the time and both my mom and I can laugh at it (my dad hated that show) and it kind of helps distract and do something normal. I'm not saying the Sox doing well helps a ton, but it does give me one of the first things I can enjoy in a while, and for as long as I can I would like to.