• Boston Red Sox
    • Minnesota Twinkies
    • Oakland Athletics
    • Atlanta Braves
    • Florida Marlins
    • the scrubs
    • Houston Astros
    • San Fransisco Giants

I gotta say the Yankees.  They have tons of playoff experience, a 20 game winning lefty, Contreras has been killer down the stretch, plus with Mussina, Wells and the Rocket, no one can touch that 5.

I disagree, only because Wells and Clemens have been very hittable down the stretch. If they turn it on come October, then it is hard to match the Yankees. From whats being reported here in NY it looks as if Contreras will be pitching out of the bullpen this postseason. If I am torre I would put Contreras ahead of wells

I hate them but i know a good rotation when I see one.  When they are on: Prior, Wood, Clement, and Zambrano are all nasty.  Prior is the most consistent starter by far though.  I don't know who else I could totally rely on right now.

I agree when they are on they are the best, luckily they have not all been on recently. Prior being the exception.

I hate them but i know a good rotation when I see one.  When they are on: Prior, Wood, Clement, and Zambrano are all nasty.  Prior is the most consistent starter by far though.  I don't know who else I could totally rely on right now.

I voted for the Cubs. They do have good pitching

I voted for the Red Sox. I couldn't overlook Martinez, Lowe, Burkitt, and Wakefield. They are going to be tough.

The A's would have it with Zito, Mulder, and Hudson. But it's Zito, Hudson, and Harden. That's still tough, but Harden is not Mulder. As for the Cubs, Prior and Zambrano are only ones I'd be worried to face even a little. No playoff expierence, I believe Wood does, and maybe the innings are getting to them.

What about the Marlins?  No Respect, No Respect.

Agreed, and had I known that Mulder was out(I need to pay attention more), I would have voted for them. Willis, Beckett, Penny, Pavano and then Redman in the pen....that not only deepens and stengthens an already decent pen, but that rotation is sick. The only set back is the fact that between the 4 of them, I believe they have no playoff experience. The Cubs no playoff experience either though, so you can cancel that out.

What's scarier is that AJ Burnett was out for the year with Tommy John surgery....if he comes back in July or August of next year at around 100%, he could be added to their pen and they'd have a pretty damn good pitching staff once again. It's just too bad that they probably will not be kept together with all their FA's this year..

Agreed, and had I known that Mulder was out(I need to pay attention more), I would have voted for them.  Willis, Beckett, Penny, Pavano and then Redman in the pen....that not only deepens and stengthens an already decent pen, but that rotation is sick.  The only set back is the fact that between the 4 of them, I believe they have no playoff experience.  The Cubs no playoff experience either though, so you can cancel that out.

What's scarier is that AJ Burnett was out for the year with Tommy John surgery....if he comes back in July or August of next year at around 100%, he could be added to their pen and they'd have a pretty damn good pitching staff once again.  It's just too bad that they probably will not be kept together with all their FA's this year..

Maybe with a burst of support, this ownership group will try to keep the nucleus together unlike Hyzengia(sp?)

They are good, but no expierence. I would not be quite as scared of them as the Red Sox, A's, Yankees, or Cubs. Willis has been a little more human recently. I hope the Marlins do well in the playoffs, fun to watch.

definately fun to watch, any team with their speed and pitching is exciting. Plus I get a kick out of watching Willis and his funky delivery.

Agreed, and had I known that Mulder was out(I need to pay attention more), I would have voted for them.  Willis, Beckett, Penny, Pavano and then Redman in the pen....that not only deepens and stengthens an already decent pen, but that rotation is sick.  The only set back is the fact that between the 4 of them, I believe they have no playoff experience.  The Cubs no playoff experience either though, so you can cancel that out.

What's scarier is that AJ Burnett was out for the year with Tommy John surgery....if he comes back in July or August of next year at around 100%, he could be added to their pen and they'd have a pretty damn good pitching staff once again.  It's just too bad that they probably will not be kept together with all their FA's this year..

Maybe with a burst of support, this ownership group will try to keep the nucleus together unlike Hyzengia(sp?)

I agree.

But we do need to get rid of a couple players....if we can get rid of Konerko/Thomas, that would be very good, and if we can retain Everett without having to play him in CF next year, that'd be even better(but that would include having to get rid of either Carlos or Maggs, or having one of them DH....I don't want to have to do that, though Carl could DH too). And bringing back Jose to be a super utility player wouldn't hurt either.

I agree.

But we do need to get rid of a couple players....if we can get rid of Konerko/Thomas, that would be very good, and if we can retain Everett without having to play him in CF next year, that'd be even better(but that would include having to get rid of either Carlos or Maggs, or having one of them DH....I don't want to have to do that, though Carl could DH too). And bringing back Jose to be a super utility player wouldn't hurt either.

I was more referring to the Marlins keeping their nucleus together this time around, but your right it would be nice to cut salary while keeping some talented players like Everett around on the White Sox. My only problem with Jose being retained as a utility player, is that sitting on the bench might ruin his attitude. Personally I think we should just let him free.

I agree.

I was more referring to the Marlins keeping their nucleus together this time around, but your right it would be nice to cut salary while keeping some talented players like Everett around on the White Sox. My only problem with Jose being retained as a utility player, is that sitting on the bench might ruin his attitude. Personally I think we should just let him free.

Oh I know....if Florida keeps theirs together, they'll be a scary team next year as well. I just don't think they will. They are actually in a worse situation then us as far as resigning players will be concerned. I believe Derrek Lee is a FA, Lowell I know is, IRod is, Castillo is....that's a pretty good group of players right there, and something tells me they won't be able to resign them all.

I would just like the Sox to keep theirs together too. And the thing about Jose is we'd use him almost everyday....probably 4 or 5 times a week, playing any position we need him to. We wouldn't use him like Tony where he gets 1 or 2 starts a week.