Attendance is Actually up 8.1%

caulfield12

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 5, 2017 -> 04:43 PM)
Lol - your time would be better spent reading the Mighty Mite's posts and less time on these tedious insults. You might actually pick up on a few simple yet accurate concepts that poster articulates very well that seem to escape you.

Be careful Thad, I've already been asked if we are related.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Mighty Mite @ Jul 5, 2017 -> 01:57 PM)
Three times we came close to losing the team, one of these years it's going to happen.

Very, VERY seriously doubt it. Eventually new ownership will take over...that changes everything in my opinion.

QUOTE (The Mighty Mite @ Jul 5, 2017 -> 02:41 PM)
Actually 17 straight years of winning baseball, growing up that's all I knew, that the Sox were always going to be contenders.

One of the big problems from the beginning days of the franchise has been bad ownership, from the Comiskey family to Veeck to the Allyns to Veeck again and to JR. A close second has been the location of the ballpark, not a big issue in the early years but from the mid 20th century the ballpark's neighborhood has gotten a bad rap. I retired to Florida in 1993 but in the years I lived up there I atended hundred of games at old Comiskey and a few more at the new park, never once did I have any issue or witness any kind of crime in arriving or leaving the park, saw many fights in the park especially in the 50s and 60s when the damn Yankees came to town.

The next successful White Sox owner will be the first successful White Sox owner.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jul 5, 2017 -> 04:49 PM)
Very, VERY seriously doubt it. Eventually new ownership will take over...that changes everything in my opinion.

Question, don't know if you have the answer. Say JR dies but the rest of the owners decide not to sell, can JR's kids overrule the rest of the owners or is it a done deal that the club is to be sold when JR dies.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 5, 2017 -> 05:43 PM)
Lol - your time would be better spent reading the Mighty Mite's posts and less time on these tedious insults. You might actually pick up on a few simple yet accurate concepts that poster articulates very well that seem to escape you.

Yet if you lost the tedious insults all you would have left is a grudge in your posts...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2017 -> 06:28 PM)
Yet if you lost the tedious insults all you would have left is a grudge in your posts...

Lol - stop with the lame lines, and go read posts from the likes of Mighty Mite, Lip Man, IWriteCode. They get it, and you'll stand to learn a lot from them. Go on, scoot!

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 5, 2017 -> 08:11 PM)
Lol - stop with the lame lines, and go read posts from the likes of Mighty Mite, Lip Man, IWriteCode. They get it, and you'll stand to learn a lot from them. Go on, scoot!

Yes, please stop with the same old lame lines. All of your 40 year speeches end up in the exact same spot. You're bitter, we get it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2017 -> 09:10 PM)
Yes, please stop with the same old lame lines. All of your 40 year speeches end up in the exact same spot. You're bitter, we get it.

Lol - that's because we the fans end up in exact same spot each year, which is summer after summer of meaningless baseball. Fix that, and the "speeches" will change faster than Grant took Richmond.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 6, 2017 -> 06:02 PM)
Lol - that's because we the fans end up in exact same spot each year, which is summer after summer of meaningless baseball. Fix that, and the "speeches" will change faster than Grant took Richmond.

They won't. If you can't find happiness in 40 years of baseball, there is no amount of winning that will change that. Some people need a bandwagon, others can handle the glory of the game by itself.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 6, 2017 -> 06:54 PM)
They won't. If you can't find happiness in 40 years of baseball, there is no amount of winning that will change that. Some people need a bandwagon, others can handle the glory of the game by itself.

Lol - "glory of the game by itself". That's beautiful. Is that what White Sox fans should grasp onto AND have been content with these past 12 years since 2005? Forget the "WAHHHHHHHH - I don't wanna be reminded of the owner's 40 years of futility!" facts. Let the "glory of the game by itself" flags fly over Guaranteed Excuse Field these days and damn anyone who dare criticize the horrific rate of winning that has occurred within.

That's the approach less-than-serious fans seem very content with taking, which is fine. Have at it. If the one playoff series with its lonely one win brought to you by this owner and his management team these past 12 years is good enough for you, then just say so. Go ahead, exclaim your satisfaction with that (seemingly less-than-desirable) record of achievement. In the meantime, let the more serious bunch amongst us who expect a tad bit more than that share our views as well, without being subjected to the unnecessary and really very lame insults along the way.

Edited by Thad Bosley

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 7, 2017 -> 05:52 AM)
Lol - "glory of the game by itself". That's beautiful. Is that what White Sox fans should grasp onto AND have been content with these past 12 years since 2005? Forget the "WAHHH - I don't wanna be reminded of the owner's 40 years of futility!" facts. Let the "glory of the game by itself" flags fly over Guaranteed Excuse Field these days and damn anyone who dare criticize the horrific rate of winning that has occurred within.

That's the approach less-than-serious fans seem very content with taking, which is just fine. If one playoff series with its lonely one win over the past 12 is good enough for those fans, then just say so. Go ahead, exclaim your satisfaction with that seemingly less-than-desirable record of achievement. In the meantime, let the more serious bunch amongst us share our views as well, without being subjected to the lame insults along the way.

My favorite posters change once in a while, but Bosley has come out of nowhere to impress me and please me! Good posts Thad Bosley. Although I will never downplay the 05 title. I applaud them for that at least. Good job. But since then ... puke.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 6, 2017 -> 06:54 PM)
If you can't find happiness in 40 years of baseball, there is no amount of winning that will change that.

Outside of one season (2005) in the past 37 years of the current owner's tenure, there is all of four playoff series with a measly four playoff series wins that our fan base (which you criticize routinely) has experienced. And yet you boldly exclaim that more winning than that won't change the level of happiness of the White Sox fan base? GMAFB

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 6, 2017 -> 11:52 PM)
Lol - "glory of the game by itself". That's beautiful. Is that what White Sox fans should grasp onto AND have been content with these past 12 years since 2005? Forget the "WAHHHHHHHH - I don't wanna be reminded of the owner's 40 years of futility!" facts. Let the "glory of the game by itself" flags fly over Guaranteed Excuse Field these days and damn anyone who dare criticize the horrific rate of winning that has occurred within.

That's the approach less-than-serious fans seem very content with taking, which is fine. Have at it. If the one playoff series with its lonely one win brought to you by this owner and his management team these past 12 years is good enough for you, then just say so. Go ahead, exclaim your satisfaction with that (seemingly less-than-desirable) record of achievement. In the meantime, let the more serious bunch amongst us who expect a tad bit more than that share our views as well, without being subjected to the unnecessary and really very lame insults along the way.

Look, you can be as bitter as you want. Obviously I can't do anything about that, since you have quite literally been holding this grudge for decades. What would be nice is if you actually quit trying to ruin it for everyone in every single thread where ownership is discussed, or even hinted at. The level of obsession is obvious, and rather sad to be honest. It would also be nice that if you truly meant you didn't want to see insults, that you would actually stop insulting everyone who isn't as bitter and angry about nothing as you are.

Go buy a dog, get a new hobby. Obviously you get no joy from baseball. You are 100% doing this wrong. This is supposed to be a release, not a point of anger.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2017 -> 08:09 AM)
Look, you can be as bitter as you want. Obviously I can't do anything about that, since you have quite literally been holding this grudge for decades. What would be nice is if you actually quit trying to ruin it for everyone in every single thread where ownership is discussed, or even hinted at. The level of obsession is obvious, and rather sad to be honest. It would also be nice that if you truly meant you didn't want to see insults, that you would actually stop insulting everyone who isn't as bitter and angry about nothing as you are.

Go buy a dog, get a new hobby. Obviously you get no joy from baseball. You are 100% doing this wrong. This is supposed to be a release, not a point of anger.

Clearly you can be as you bitter as you want, based on the over-the-top intense tone you take against ANYONE who DARES to criticize the current owner and his management team. You are rather fierce on that front, which the astute fans recognize and don't seem to appreciate.

Behind the mask of so-called "administrator" you routinely try to tamp down anything even remotely critical of ownership and management, ironically the bodies to which the blame of the current deplorable state of the organization belongs.

Perhaps "administrator" of a White Sox fan message board is beyond your reach at this moment. Maybe it's you and your immense bitterness against astute fan spot-on analysis that's a problem around here. If you can't handle the "release" of very smart White Sox fans who can rather easily assess the team's results of the past five, 12, 37, and 57 years, then maybe you're in the wrong business of monitoring a board like this. Maybe you should just step aside, go buy a hot dog yourself, and get out of the way.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 12:09 AM)
Clearly you can be as you bitter as you want, based on the over-the-top intense tone you take against ANYONE who DARES to criticize the current owner and his management team. You are rather fierce on that front, which the astute fans recognize and don't seem to appreciate.

Behind the mask of so-called "administrator" you routinely try to tamp down anything even remotely critical of ownership and management, ironically the bodies to which the blame of the current deplorable state of the organization belongs.

Perhaps "administrator" of a White Sox fan message board is beyond your reach at this moment. Maybe it's you and your immense bitterness against astute fan spot-on analysis that's a problem around here. If you can't handle the "release" of very smart White Sox fans who can rather easily assess the team's results of the past five, 12, 37, and 57 years, then maybe you're in the wrong business of monitoring a board like this. Maybe you should just step aside, go buy a hot dog yourself, and get out of the way.

lol, you really can't handle your own standards of not insulting people. It is hilarious to watch. You cry and cry about it, and then go right to the well for it. You absolutely cannot handle the fact that people aren't bitter and angry and actually can enjoy game of baseball. Bitter is not "astute" no matter how many times you repeat it and try to convince yourself it is true. (Oops now we are up to 57 years!) You have held a grudge for decades.... over a game. A GAME!

Again, go find a new hobby, you really need it. I fear for your health.

At the end of the day, the world doesn't owe you anything and neither do the White Sox. I would think at your age you would understand that by now. You aren't entitled to anything in the world.