Reverse Standings Thread

Bob Sacamano

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 10:24 PM)
Seriously, stop counting games back and watch the win column.

We have won 1 game more than the Phillies, 1 game fewer than the Giants. That's where we really sit.

For whoever worried about the Tigers a moment ago, they have won 6 more games than us.

+10000000. You can lose more games, you can't win fewer.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 10:25 PM)
+10000000. You can lose more games, you can't win fewer.

Now that Miguel is out of the way, if we're winning games - it literally is happening because of Rodon, Lopey, and Giolito. Hopefully Shields and Holland continue doing exactly what they have been doing. If we don't get the 2nd pick, it's because those 3 pitched well and we wound up winning a game or two. Maybe even got decent bullpen out of Fulmer and Minaya. And if that happens? Basically I'm ok with that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 10:24 PM)
Seriously, stop counting games back and watch the win column.

We have won 1 game more than the Phillies, 1 game fewer than the Giants. That's where we really sit.

If I am not mistaken, standings are based on winning %, not just team wins. Soo....yes, I will continue to count both, as both as needed to determine standings, and thus draft order.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Sep 2, 2017 -> 12:03 PM)
If I am not mistaken, standings are based on winning %, not just team wins. Soo....yes, I will continue to count both, as both as needed to determine standings, and thus draft order.

You can not win fewer games. You can always lose more. That's what he's saying. That's why it's important.

Pay attention to that all you want to, but it will be the last thing you think of when checking whether the Phillies, Giants, and Reds won or lost.

Doubt Phillies pull it off, but they scored 5 runs in the 8th and trail 10-9 now to the Marlins. Bad news is Rhys Hoskins got hit in the wrist by a pitch and left the game. If he's done for the year, then Phillies pretty much have the #1 pick signed, sealed and delivered.