Reverse Standings Thread

Bob Sacamano

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 25, 2017 -> 01:35 PM)
Losing Q would push this team into freefall; and losing 2 of the top 3 relievers (Robertson, Kahnle, Swarzak) would accelerate it. But it needs to be done.

As for Melky and Frazier, they aren't very productive, are blocking development of younger players, and need to go.

Q has won 4 games this year. I don't think trading him woulds turn into a freefall. Now trading the 2-3 relievers would. Hopefully Frazier gets traded but he is not really blocking a young player other than Saladino who I think they have soured on anyway. Delmonico is struggling defensively at AAA and probably needs till September and even then may be forced to DH.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jun 25, 2017 -> 12:53 PM)
Q has won 4 games this year. I don't think trading him woulds turn into a freefall. Now trading the 2-3 relievers would. Hopefully Frazier gets traded but he is not really blocking a young player other than Saladino who I think they have soured on anyway. Delmonico is struggling defensively at AAA and probably needs till September and even then may be forced to DH.

The team withstood Q's slow start because Holland et al were able to go 5 or 6 innings and the bullpen was great. But these starters are lucky to get 4 innings these days, which puts more pressure on this pen. Losing Q, will accelerate that significantly. But so be it...just hope they move some relievers as well and get this tear-down wrapped.

Frazier is taking at bats from someone every day he plays. So is Melky. The Sox have young guys on the bench who could get more at bats, more time in the field (Frazier plays 3rd half the time; Melky plays left every day). Neither is very good and I hope they are both shipped out shortly.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 26, 2017 -> 12:14 PM)
Good weekend for the reverse standings. Too bad they didn't lose 1 more against the Padres when we played them.

A sell off should help us tank some more games for sure. If we are not going to make the playoffs we really need to be losing as much as possible to get higher draft picks and a larger bonus pool to work with for 2018.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 3, 2017 -> 10:20 PM)
6 to 9 in one day.

Under .444 - good

Over .444 - bad

Yea - today sucked... if I'm not mistaken a loss today and a loss tomorrow would have put us in 4th. Hopefully we lose the next 2.

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 06:08 PM)
There is too much competence on this team for them to bottom out completely. I'd love a top 3 pick but it's not going to happen. Hopefully they make up for that lost value on the trade market later this month.

I'd settle for 4th or 5th. Still better than 8-10.

Get under .444 and stay there. The draft position should be good enough.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 6, 2017 -> 04:56 PM)
No way, the Giants and Phillies got the top 2 spots on lock.

It's possible that we play worse than the Giants in the second half and make up the ground.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 6, 2017 -> 06:56 PM)
No way, the Giants and Phillies got the top 2 spots on lock.

I'd like to see who is left on the White Sox and Giants rosters on August 1st before ruling the Sox out of the 2-spot. Fangraphs still has the Giants winning 71 games and the Sox 68 games.

As long as the Sox don't get to 70 wins, I'll be happy with whatever draft position they get--unless they get to 69 by sweeping the Indians the final weekend, and it costs them a spot or two.

Edited by flavum