June 10th Game Thread: White Sox @Cleveland Indians

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jun 10, 2017 -> 07:44 PM)
Interesting hearing these guys talk about the Sox and praising Renteria and the dugout energy. Also, it is nice to see a couple hitters in our lineup with averages over .300 in both Garcia and Garcia!

offense this year has been a pleasant suprise.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2017 -> 07:48 PM)
Wow is Melky slow

Yeah...i really dont blame sending him though. Was gonna take a perfect relay to get him. Even so the scooped the ball one handed on a shorthop, had to be a perfect play to get him. Make them make the play. However, there is a difference between doing that and being silly on the basepaths (Frazier in the 1st...which is surprising when he actually has very good baserunning skills).

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Jun 10, 2017 -> 07:32 PM)
Can't wait for Todd to leave after this year.

I mean, he definitely hasn't met expectations hitting wise, but there is no doubt his leadership skills are present, which is very important. Also, I love the guy's personality. He Is starting to heat it up at the plate. Personally, he will be missed by me when he leaves, but I think he contributes a lot more to this club than people see on the field.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jun 10, 2017 -> 07:53 PM)
I mean, he definitely hasn't met expectations hitting wise, but there is no doubt his leadership skills are present, which is very important. Also, I love the guy's personality. He Is starting to heat it up at the plate. Personally, he will be missed by me when he leaves, but I think he contributes a lot more to this club than people see on the field.

He's a 2.5 WAR player still, that's valuable. His defense remains good and his bat still plays with all the XBH. That said, he's not doing the Sox any good in this rebuild so yea trade him when you can.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2017 -> 08:04 PM)
Such an bad baserunning team. This is out of control

Not sure that was bad baserunning there. Again, had to be a perfect throw, and like the announcers say, encourage the aggressiveness. Even though it's an out, it shows me this team wants to go the extra mile to give themselves the best chance at scoring.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jun 11, 2017 -> 12:06 AM)
Not sure that was bad baserunning there. Again, had to be a perfect throw, and like the announcers say, encourage the aggressiveness. Even though it's an out, it shows me this team wants to go the extra mile to give themselves the best chance at scoring.

Don't make first out at third though

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2017 -> 08:08 PM)
Don't make first out at third though

I mean I guess. Maybe Renteria was talking to him about that. Who knows. I still like the aggression.

Also, I firmly believe Yolmer and Leury are going to end up being the best surprises to happen this season, possibly aside from Avi pulling off an awesome full season. Maybe they will surprisingly play prominent roles on our future teams in 2019 and 2020.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 10, 2017 -> 05:23 PM)
I'm not disputing that it looked like it hurt.

Was just confused in regards to the way he exited the field and the rosy outlook reported this morning.

Precautionary move last night. Renteria said it after the game- Abreu has meaty legs and he thinks he can play