June 20th Game Thread: White Sox @Minnesota Twins

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 06:15 PM)
Davidson is now rocking the hallowed ISO over .300. I love that, one of my favorite stats. A true slugger. Power for days. He also almost has an OPS of 900. Wow.

He is a stroooonnng man!

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 08:15 PM)
Davidson is now rocking the hallowed ISO over .300. I love that, one of my favorite stats. A true slugger. Power for days. He also almost has an OPS of 900. Wow.

Davidson *only* being 13th in ISO (min 50 PA) is another example as to why I think the ball is juiced. Also, kind of crazy with all his power he only has a 128 wRC+.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2017 -> 02:22 AM)
Holland is a flyball pitcher. He was a bad match for the Sox from the get go. With all the home games left and warm weather, his ERA will only grow.

Yep you were all over it. Probably a big career mistake by him not taking the Pirates offer.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 08:19 PM)
Another cheapie...Holland and Gonzo have been huge disappointments

Not sure how much more rope you give these guys. At this point they're not getting you anything of value in a trade and they're not really eating innings either. Hopefully Rodon & Lopez are called up in the near future, so we can finally move on from these two.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 07:23 PM)
Yep you were all over it. Probably a big career mistake by him not taking the Pirates offer.

$$$ or pride. Or maybe prefers AL. Who knows? Logic says a park like SD or Pitt would work better. Even Minnesota...

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jun 21, 2017 -> 02:23 AM)
Good rebuild loss.Holland sucks we weren't getting much for him in the first place anyway.

This year's Latos. Agree on the good potential loss, be nice if Timmy can do something productive

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 08:21 PM)
Davidson *only* being 13th in ISO (min 50 PA) is another example as to why I think the ball is juiced. Also, kind of crazy with all his power he only has a 128 wRC+.

He hasn't drawn a lot of walks this season and OBP is more valuable than SLG.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 09:26 PM)
He hasn't drawn a lot of walks this season and OBP is more valuable than SLG.

Yea if he starts taking more walks, lookout. I'd love to see him finish like 260/330/550. Pitchers are going to start nibbling if he keeps this up.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 09:28 PM)
I think he makes an interesting long reliever. Obviously won't bring back much

Holland, Pelf, Migo and Shields are like the four guys you package in the older (and easier) OOTP games where the computer confuses four AAAA guys for one "A" prospect as a solid trade.

They fixed that in like OOTP 16 so somehow I think the return in the real world won't be anything either.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 07:27 PM)
Who the hell is trading for Pelfrey?

Anyone who needs rotation depth/experience and willing to surrender C/C- level lottery ticket...minimum salary, etc.

Same reason Swarzak will draw some interest. Not taking on salary, not giving up anything of significance.