6/23 vs Oakland A's

flavum

I just feel like Rodon is going to be a complete disaster when he comes back up... I don't care if he is just trying to throw a lot of pitches...when you give up 7 earned runs over 4 and a third in AAA, you don't have any business in a MLB rotation. He's gonna be hard to watch, mostly in my opinion because of his inability to control his pitches

Edited by Scoots

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jun 24, 2017 -> 03:00 AM)
I just feel like Rodon is going to be a complete disaster when he comes back up... I don't care if he is just trying to throw a lot of pitches...when you give up 7 earned runs over 4 and a third in AAA, you don't have any business in a MLB rotation. He's gonna be hard to watch, mostly in my opinion because of his inability to control his pitches

The defense was a debacle tonight for him

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 07:00 PM)

I really doubt these guys are going balls to the wall in minor league rehab starts, probably just seeing if he can control his pitches and make it to 100 , no reason for them to stress over the results

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 10:01 PM)
The defense was a debacle tonight for him

If he can throw 100 pitches I want the next time to be with the big league team. Nothing to really read into the AAA results

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 10:12 PM)
Wow...can't believe Davidson's ball stayed in the park. Didn't quite get it cleanly, off the end of the bat just enough.

That's a double if CF played normally.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jun 24, 2017 -> 04:03 AM)
I really doubt these guys are going balls to the wall in minor league rehab starts, probably just seeing if he can control his pitches and make it to 100 , no reason for them to stress over the results

My gosh, all the excuses for some players and not others. Not trying to pick on you, but Rodon just didn't care that much probably tonight so he had the bad outing. Geez.

p.s. That was a horrible game against a bad team. Sox come home on a warm June evening and get shut out? That sucks.

Had the good hitters up in the ninth but they couldn't come through this time. Tough break on the pop up. Woulda been nice to have a pinch runner in there. He might have made it to second. I still don't know how fans pay for this bad baseball. Sox are lucky 25,000 fans came to see that crap.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 10:20 PM)
My gosh, all the excuses for some players and not others. Not trying to pick on you, but Rodon just didn't care that much probably tonight so he had the bad outing. Geez.

p.s. That was a horrible game against a bad team. Sox come home on a warm June evening and get shut out? That sucks.

Had the good hitters up in the ninth but they couldn't come through this time. Tough break on the pop up. Woulda been nice to have a pinch runner in there. He might have made it to second. I still don't know how fans pay for this bad baseball. Sox are lucky 25,000 fans came to see that crap.

Simple: fans wanted a rebuild, the team listened and started rebuilding, fams showing a sign of appreciation and support. Also was a nice night to do something.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 24, 2017 -> 03:37 AM)
Simple: fans wanted a rebuild, the team listened and started rebuilding, fams showing a sign of appreciation and support. Also was a nice night to do something.

The fans were cheering like crazy in the ninth wanting to WIN tonight's game. I watched it. I disagree they attended the game tonight as a sign of support for an alleged rebuild. Come on.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 10:12 PM)
Wow...can't believe Davidson's ball stayed in the park. Didn't quite get it cleanly, off the end of the bat just enough.

Was there,swear I thought it was getting out from the sound off the bat.a few balls died in the OF today.