07/26 GT: Cubs @ Sox game 3, 7:08 PM, Arrieta vs. Shields

iWiN4PreP

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love those starts by our minor league studs though.

Kopech 6 IP 12 K's!!! 2 Hits and 1 ER

Lopez 5 IP 10 K's!!! 4 Hits and 2 ER

Dunning 7 IP 6 K's 6 Hits 1 BB and 0 ER!!!

All of their ERA's are in the mid-3s.

Very exciting for the future rotation with the way these guys are pitching, especially considering the current monstrosity that is the 2017 rotation...

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jul 26, 2017 -> 08:50 PM)
Gotta love those starts by our minor league studs though.

Kopech 6 IP 12 K's!!! 2 Hits and 1 ER

Lopez 5 IP 10 K's!!! 4 Hits and 2 ER

Dunning 7 IP 6 K's 6 Hits 1 BB and 0 ER!!!

All of their ERA's are in the mid-3s.

Very exciting for the future rotation with the way these guys are pitching, especially considering the current monstrosity that is the 2017 rotation...

what kopech is doing at his age in AA is extraordinary. I think he will be an offseason top 10 in all MLB prospect.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 26, 2017 -> 09:51 PM)
what kopech is doing at his age in AA is extraordinary. I think he will be an offseason top 10 in all MLB prospect.

Yes I agree. While he probably won't put up Chris Sale numbers, I think he definitely is showing signs of being the future Sox Ace and potentionally the best future number 1 starter in the AL Central.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jul 27, 2017 -> 02:53 AM)
Yes I agree. While he probably won't put up Chris Sale numbers, I think he definitely is showing signs of being the future Sox Ace and potentionally the best future number 1 starter in the AL Central.

Besides Anibal Sanchez

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2017 -> 09:54 PM)
Besides Anibal Sanchez

I don't really follow the Tigers, so correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that dude thrown in the pen because of how awful he became as a starter? Was he brought back to the rotation?

I would say he would rival Carrasco of Cleveland.

Edited by Scoots

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jul 27, 2017 -> 01:55 AM)
I don't really follow the Tigers, so correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that dude thrown in the pen because of how awful he became as a starter? Was he brought back to the rotation?

Yes pure sarcasm

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2017 -> 09:55 PM)
Gonna be hard to win 18 with a bullpen this bad when your starters don't log innings

Hopefully, this is the worst of it. I know next year is supposed to not be very good, but not necessarily a tank year. I think it would be good to get the young guys acclimated to a winning culture. I would aim high next year for a .500 record (I might get murdered for saying that), maybe the young'ns suprise.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jul 27, 2017 -> 01:59 AM)
Hopefully, this is the worst of it. I know next year is supposed to not be very good, but not necessarily a tank year. I think it would be good to get the young guys acclimated to a winning culture. I would aim high next year for a .500 record (I might get murdered for saying that), maybe the young'ns suprise.

No chance of .500 next year. It's fine as long as young guys show improvement