2017-2018 NFL Thread

I think Loggains will be redeemed a bit in Miami, but not like he'll call plays.

I don't think he was as strong willed as Gase to run the offense he wanted. Sounds like Fox did meddle a lot in the game planning.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 11:39 AM)
I think Loggains will be redeemed a bit in Miami, but not like he'll call plays.

I don't think he was as strong willed as Gase to run the offense he wanted. Sounds like Fox did meddle a lot in the game planning.

Ding, Ding, Ding!

However, with a first year coordinator, he had to expect that.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 09:48 AM)
This season was Loggains second as OC

But you couldn't even compare this years version of Loggains to last years. I think Fox meddled more because he knew you couldn't just let Trubisky drop back and throw it 50 times and that Glennon was incapable too...wide recievers sucked, etc. Lots of reasons and excuses but no one can deny that the statement Jordan Howard made is anything other than factual. We clearly were predictable on offense.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 11:48 AM)
This season was Loggains second as OC

How about relatively inexperienced with an old extremely offensively conservative head coach.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (ptatc @ Feb 2, 2018 -> 08:05 AM)
How about relatively inexperienced with an old extremely offensively conservative head coach.

I will give you the old conservative coach but as previously stated this was actually his third year as an OC including Tennessee. Can’t fall back on inexperience when every year you see the same thing

Yeah I don't know, I go both ways. I do think fox didn't get the best out of loggains, but loggains could have switched things up in 2nd halves and all of it was remarkably bleh.

The frustrating thing was he could put together some beautiful plays, I just don't think he had a handle on a full scheme that could consistently utilize personnel.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 2, 2018 -> 08:58 AM)
Yeah I don't know, I go both ways. I do think fox didn't get the best out of loggains, but loggains could have switched things up in 2nd halves and all of it was remarkably bleh.

The frustrating thing was he could put together some beautiful plays, I just don't think he had a handle on a full scheme that could consistently utilize personnel.

following Greg Gabriel during games was just hilarious because he would just freak out all game long about plays. And then he would call into the score on Mondays and it was always "there is no game flow, he had no plan. It seemed like he was picking plays out of a hat with no regard to what was happening on the field"

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 2, 2018 -> 08:09 AM)
I will give you the old conservative coach but as previously stated this was actually his third year as an OC including Tennessee. Can’t fall back on inexperience when every year you see the same thing

And who was his head coach in Tennessee? Mike Munchak, probably as conservative as Foxx.

Let's see what the Miami offense looks like when he helps develop the game plan with Gase instead of ultra-conservative HC's.

I started following dabearsblog for the bears coaching search which was good but oh my god this “the eagles should trade Wentz if the eagles win the super bowl” is the dumbest series of arguments ever.

Kevin Fishbain

@kfishbain

2m2 minutes ago

More

Per @caplannfl, the Bears will hire Brad Childress as an offensive consultant. The Aurora native (Marmion Academy and EIU grad) and former Vikings head coach has been with Nagy in KC since 2013.

Like getting all the experience you can get. Childress had retired, this is probably going to be pretty light but nice to see he'll have a guy this experienced to run things like installation and stuff by.