Sox vs Stros game 2

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Scoots @ Aug 10, 2017 -> 01:43 AM)
Lol that dropped popup hit by Engel got him a double...i guess no one touched it so you can't really give out an error, but not sure it warrants a double either.

That's baseball and scoring

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 9, 2017 -> 09:49 PM)
f*** that, should be Tilson's spot to lose if healthy!

Next spring training is going to be very very interesting. Not just for starting spots on the roster, but I doubt there will be a game where there won't be a player playing that is projected to be impacting the future competitive Sox team.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Aug 9, 2017 -> 08:52 PM)
Next spring training is going to be very very interesting. Not just for starting spots on the roster, but I doubt there will be a game where there won't be a player playing that is projected to be impacting the future competitive Sox team.

While I was 100% joking about Tilson, it's going to be an interesting camp. There should be a ton of competition for spots and most of those will be fringe guys who may be playing for the best major league opportunity they'll ever get. And yes, most of these guys won't be on the next good Sox team, but if we can hit on even one diomand in the rough it will help.

Honestly, the positional players that are on the team now is probably the one you see starting 2018. Engel Anderson Abreu Avi Moncada Delmonico (DH) Davidson, Narvaez/Smith, Leury. Bench is Yolmer, Saly, Omar/Smith, outfielder (Tilson, Willy?) Not sure about yall, but I like that lineup for a team in its second rebuilding year (development phase).

That lineup is at least predictable...

Pitching is a whole other story and I expect to be horrendous.

I see Eloy forcing his way to the majors before Sept.

if he rakes at AA and AAA like he is at WS.

Edited by Scoots

QUOTE (Scoots @ Aug 9, 2017 -> 08:07 PM)
Nicky is all of a sudden my favorite player haha

I could get in on that too! Just has the look of a gamer...love the intensity he plays with and his aggressive short, compact swing. That grinder approach is contagious too.

QUOTE (FT35 @ Aug 10, 2017 -> 02:05 AM)
I realize the tank is on and the bullpen has yet to enter tonight's game...but it feels extra nice to string some decent play together against Houston. Would love to hang a series loss on them.

It really is good to see. Nice to see young players coming together. Hope therecarw more youngsters ready to perform in a Sox uni