Yurchak promotion?

NCsoxfan

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Aug 26, 2017 -> 12:36 PM)
Any reason why Yurchak isn't being promoted? Dude is raking.

Where do you all think he'll start next season?

Theres no place to promote him to.

Burger just got to Kanny and will finish the season there, filling 3B, Remillard moved over to 2B to make room for Burger, Sheets has 1B, and the Sox have four OF's - Rutherford, Call, Adolfo, and Gonzalez that need regular at bats. There just isnt a spot for him there now, and no one from that group is really ready to take the next step up.

Burger probably goes to WS to start the year next season and Yurchak starts in Kanny.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Aug 28, 2017 -> 11:13 AM)
Theres no place to promote him to.

Burger just got to Kanny and will finish the season there, filling 3B, Remillard moved over to 2B to make room for Burger, Sheets has 1B, and the Sox have four OF's - Rutherford, Call, Adolfo, and Gonzalez that need regular at bats. There just isnt a spot for him there now, and no one from that group is really ready to take the next step up.

Burger probably goes to WS to start the year next season and Yurchak starts in Kanny.

Realistically we'll see what a guy like Yurchak can do once he hits full season ball. There is a long line of college guys who destroy rookie ball, only to see that catch up with them once they hit A ball. Though I will say I remember Hoestetler being absolutely thrilled to get the guy in the 12th round. He was one of the guys that he mentioned by name.

Keep in mind too that Yurchak was a younger college player - he's still 20. So really he's just fine for that league.

I like his chances of future success better than say Aaron Schnurbusch not just because of the 2 years age difference, but because Yurchak is showing excellent plate discipline.

QUOTE (BamaDoc @ Aug 29, 2017 -> 10:44 AM)
I noticed in box scores, he is playing first and I think dh ing. I double checked and 11 games at third with 7 errors. 17 games at first 2 errors. 20 games as DH. Young enough to improve.

Yikes!!!! 7 errors in 11 games, at third, does not sound encouraging. Have you seen a scouting report on his defense?

QUOTE (Lillian @ Aug 29, 2017 -> 03:59 PM)
Yikes!!!! 7 errors in 11 games, at third, does not sound encouraging. Have you seen a scouting report on his defense?

I really wouldn't read much into defensive numbers from rookie ball in a pro debut for a 20-year-old. He's also not played there much yet.

No I don't have a scouting report on his defense.

QUOTE (BamaDoc @ Aug 29, 2017 -> 11:44 AM)
I noticed in box scores, he is playing first and I think dh ing. I double checked and 11 games at third with 7 errors. 17 games at first 2 errors. 20 games as DH. Young enough to improve.

I'm tired and originally read this as "20 errors as DH" lol