2018 Schedule

flavum

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 12, 2017 -> 11:12 AM)
Looks pretty balanced throughout only one long road trip

Milwaukee at home sucks but at Pittsburgh and St Louis

I wish Pittsburgh or STL was a weekend series. Alas, I'll probably go to Minn for either the April or Sept series.

seems like a lot of 4 game series

Finally. Glad they brought back the crosstown games on the weekends. I thought having 4 games Mon-Thu was stupid. Still not sure why they are doing it in May/Sept and not during June July or August. Just seems odd. But, now I can finally go to one after not being able to since 2013.

Edited by Scoots

QUOTE (Scoots @ Sep 12, 2017 -> 01:19 PM)
Finally. Glad they brought back the crosstown games on the weekends. I thought having 4 games Mon-Thu was stupid. Still not sure why they are doing it in May/Sept and not during June July or August. Just seems odd. But, now I can finally go to one after not being able to since 2013.

They would have played 2 3-game series 2 years ago as well.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Sep 12, 2017 -> 02:21 PM)
They would have played 2 3-game series 2 years ago as well.

Maybe it was 2014...i just remember it was at Wrigley with my buddy who is a Cubs fan, and the Cubs sucked that year. I remember telling him that Gordan Beckham was the worst player on the team and such a huge disappointment, and he had a career game that night. It was awesome. My friend hates Gordan Beckham now hahaha.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 12, 2017 -> 12:11 PM)
20 off days besides the four day break, and they still have a stretch of 33 games in 34 days. June 5 - July 8.

Scheduling 2,430 games for 30 teams is a tough thing.

brutal, but hopefully with more of the AA guys in Charlotte next year will have some better candidates for spot starts and bullpen help.