2018 pitching staff

Jerksticks

QUOTE (ptatc @ Sep 19, 2017 -> 12:20 PM)
I don't think so. I think the rotation will be much more stable. They will keep Rodon, Lopez and Giolito the whole season and let them learn. Shields is signed and I don't think anyone wants him in a trade so unless he is truly awful they will keep him as well. That's 4 that will be consistent, barring injury. That alone will cut down on the number of changes on the staff.

Agree with much of what you write although at this point it is anybody's guess on Rodon's status.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Sep 19, 2017 -> 03:27 PM)
I think the rotation plays out as:

Rodon

Shields

Giolito

Lopez

Fulmer

Bullpen will look something like:

Jake McGee (3 year deal)

Jones

Infante

Minaya

Bummer

Danish

Goldberg

Kopech will be up by May and will move either Shields or Fulmer to the bullpen.

I like the idea of people throwing out Harvey. He will be traded this offseason. He may be beyond repair but if I trust anyone to fix him it's Coop. But the real question is... What would it take?I wouldn't feel comfortable trading any of out top 100 prospects or Dunning. But I also don't think a Collins/Fulmer/Basabe type of guy would be enough for them to trade him.. It's a weird situation and i just don't know what it would cost.

QUOTE (ron883 @ Sep 20, 2017 -> 10:18 AM)
Any money given to Harvey comes out of a potential Machado contract. No thanks.

Not at all actually because Harvey is a free agent after next year along with Machado. Not advocating for Harvey though unless the Mets gave him away for basically nothing which they could do if they are trying to win next year.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Dunt @ Sep 19, 2017 -> 04:27 PM)
I think the rotation plays out as:

Rodon

Shields

Giolito

Lopez

Fulmer

Bullpen will look something like:

Jake McGee (3 year deal)

Jones

Infante

Minaya

Bummer

Danish

Goldberg

Kopech will be up by May and will move either Shields or Fulmer to the bullpen.

If the White Sox give more than a 2 year deal to any reliever this year, I give them an F. A 2 year deal I understand. A 3 year deal is bad.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Sep 19, 2017 -> 04:54 PM)
I keep seeing people throw out Fernando Rodney. Dude's got 38 saves on a playoff bound team. What makes people think he'd want to just ship for a rebuilding team being 40 years old?!?!

Maybe it's the 4.50 ERA he's running that lets me think the Diamondbacks will look elsewhere next year.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 20, 2017 -> 10:38 AM)
I don't think harvey will be much of a contract tbh. Will certainly eat crow if he has a healthy 2018 leading up to it, but i would...bet against it.

I think Matt Harvey is a perfect candidate for the Sox. He may receive a fairly sizeable AAV, but I see him signing a 1 year deal. Maybe 1 year, $15 million.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 20, 2017 -> 11:24 AM)
If the White Sox give more than a 2 year deal to any reliever this year, I give them an F. A 2 year deal I understand. A 3 year deal is bad.

Maybe it's the 4.50 ERA he's running that lets me think the Diamondbacks will look elsewhere next year.

I think Matt Harvey is a perfect candidate for the Sox. He may receive a fairly sizeable AAV, but I see him signing a 1 year deal. Maybe 1 year, $15 million.

I think people are referring to us trading for him this off-season (buying low). An mlbtr article (or maybe it was a chat) said that he likely won't get much of a raise in arbitration. And he only has 1 year left of control. Depending on what the Mets want to do (rebuild/reset/retool or go for it) next year, he could be available.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Sep 20, 2017 -> 11:27 AM)
I think people are referring to us trading for him this off-season (buying low). An mlbtr article (or maybe it was a chat) said that he likely won't get much of a raise in arbitration. And he only has 1 year left of control. Depending on what the Mets want to do (rebuild/reset/retool or go for it) next year, he could be available.

I don't know why, but I keep thinking of Michael Crabtree when I think of Harvey. Super buy low candidate who could end up being a part of the organization for a while.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Sep 20, 2017 -> 10:21 AM)
Not at all actually because Harvey is a free agent after next year along with Machado. Not advocating for Harvey though unless the Mets gave him away for basically nothing which they could do if they are trying to win next year.

I am basically expecting Harvey to be non-tendered.