**President Trump 2018 Thread**

Brian

"Manafort has nothing to do with our campaign," Trump said. "But I tell you, I feel a little badly about it. They went back 12 years to get things that he did 12 years ago. Paul Manafort worked for me for a very short period of time."

He contradicts himself in 2 seconds. 

I am really struggling to understand what motivates Giuliani to say the things he does.   he has all but explicitly said that Trump is guilty of obstruction, and is obviously of the opinion that Trump is above the law.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

And we are just going to pardon everyone, so no one say anything. It's so blatant. They don't even care. I think Hannity would have an aneurysm and die if the same thing was going on with a democrat.

He's too busy traveling the world with Gorka

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

I am really struggling to understand what motivates Giuliani to say the things he does.   he has all but explicitly said that Trump is guilty of obstruction, and is obviously of the opinion that Trump is above the law.

There are no repercussions. At this point they are framing pardons as a means to fix a biased and improper investigation. It's a signal to Trump's followers that it's the right and just thing to do, as opposed to an act of a wannabe dictator.

• Like 1

I think it's a little weird that the big IG report on the Clinton Email Investigation mentions all of the leaks coming out of the NY FBI office to Trump's team as what forced Comey's hand but apparently didn't bother to look into it at all.

Nunes said today that he had gotten NY FBI leaks about Weiner's laptop in September. Guilliani bragged about stuff back in October 2016. Why isn't that being investigated?

32 minutes ago, raBBit said:

The guy laundered proceeds from foreign real estate deals and collaterallzied debt illegally and failed to register as a a foreign agent. His operation had been going on for years before he joined Trump’s campaign. What is the fault on Trump with Manafort other than realizing he was a sleazy businessman.

Are all candidates/presidents legally liable for crimes their associates/supporters committed prior to their candidacy? 

That lawsuit, while not a big story, does seem like it will hold up in court. That’s just my opinion but it seems like the violation is clear? 

What’s the total arrest expectation for this blatant corruption? How many arrests? You would think the fine has to be over 20 million right? For a transgression this significant...

Only the best for Trump. Nice job of vetting. Russian ties. Seems that was a positive for the Trump campaign. 

22 hours ago, raBBit said:

The person you wanted to win the presidency took significant donations from Weinstein and the Saudi kingdom. Where does tax evasion from Ukrainian real estate deals stack up against sexual crimes and throwing gay people off of buildings?  

Oh like the child molester Trump endorsed. Nice try, but Trump is a crook, has been for most or all of his adult like. What he criticizes others for, he is most quilty. Crooked Hillary? Dems breaking up families at the border? Well no Trump is breaking up families at the border.He is admitting he has done something he is every time he blames someone for anything. 

There is more to life than an R after you name. 

Trump actually used to be a Hillary supporter, donator and invited her to his wedding. Then he saw the suckers in the Republican Party and realized you don’t actually need to be a Republican for their support, just rip dems, and here we are. 

Edited by Dick Allen

Yet another meeting with a Russian, this time it was Roger Stone, set up by Mike Caputo.Of course when they testified, they didn’t mention this. Now that their texts are out, oh yeah, forgot about that. And of course now they claim it was an FBI sting,

Seems to be a lot of contact with Russians. I wonder why.

On 6/15/2018 at 5:30 PM, raBBit said:

That lawsuit, while not a big story, does seem like it will hold up in court. That’s just my opinion but it seems like the violation is clear? 

What’s the total arrest expectation for this blatant corruption? How many arrests? You would think the fine has to be over 20 million right? For a transgression this significant...

I dunno, I think the sitting President and most of his children getting sued for defrauding a charity by the State of New York is a pretty notable event. The last time this happened, a scant two years ago, Trump settled the massive fraud case against Trump University for $20M. I'm not sure what the NY AG is seeking here in monetary damages, but they are looking for the Trump Foundation to be dissolved and for the Trump family to be barred from serving on charitable boards for 10 years.

The lawsuit by the NY AG is a civil matter, but they did refer the case to both the FEC and IRS for potential criminal violations. The IRS's criminal enforcement arm has slowly eroded into a fraction of what it was, we rarely prosecute the wealthy for their many "white-collar" crimes, plus he's the sitting President, so who knows if they'll actually be charged with anything, but I've read several stories that talked to both election and tax law experts who said "yeah, this looks pretty flagrantly illegal". E.g.

Trump's brilliant administration has one person saying the Bible told them to do something, one said they know what they are doing, one said its all fake, and the leader blames the democrats.  Entirely the worst government in place since I was born.  And thats saying alot.

So obviously the story of child concentration camps in the desert is taking up a lot of space this week, as it should, but at the same time there's story of more massive corruption within the Trump administration. This time it features Commerce Sec. Wilbur Ross.

Lies, China And Putin: Solving The Mystery Of Wilbur Ross' Missing Fortune

Amid President Trump’s headaches confirming cabinet secretaries, from neophyte Rex Tillerson to conflict-prone Scott Pruitt to unprepared Betsy DeVos, all of whom squeezed through, Wilbur Ross was a tonic. With his blue power suit and decades of dealmaking, he had the look and the résumé of a commerce secretary. And unlike his boss, Ross promised to divest from almost all his holdings upon entering government, drawing bipartisan praise en route to an easy confirmation. “You have really made a very personal sacrifice,” said Senator Richard Blumenthal, Democrat of Connecticut. “Your service has resulted in your divesting yourself of literally hundreds of millions of dollars.” In November 2017, Ross confirmed in writing to the federal Office of Government Ethics that he had divested everything he promised.

But that was not true. After weeks of investigation, Forbes found:

• For most of last year, Ross served as secretary of commerce while maintaining stakes in companies co-owned by the Chinese government, a shipping firm tied to Vladimir Putin’s inner circle, a Cypriot bank reportedly caught up in the Robert Mueller investigation and a huge player in an industry Ross is now investigating. It’s hard to imagine a more radioactive portfolio for a cabinet member.
  • To this day, Ross’ family apparently continues to have an interest in these toxic holdings. Rather than dump them all, the commerce secretary sold some of his interests to Goldman Sachs—and, according to Ross himself, put others in a trust for his family members. He continued to deal with China, Russia and others while evidently knowing that his family’s interests were tied to those countries.
  • In addition, five days before reports surfaced last fall that Ross was connected to cronies of Vladimir Putin through a shipping firm called Navigator Holdings, the secretary of commerce, who likely knew about the reporting, shorted stock in the Kremlin-linked company, positioning himself to make money on the investment when share prices dropped.

Absurdly, maintaining all those conflicts of interest appears to be entirely legal—a reflection of ethics laws woefully unprepared for governing tycoons like Donald Trump and Wilbur Ross.

Ross appears to have broken one law, however: submitting a sworn statement to federal officials in November saying he divested of everything he had promised he would—even though he still held more than $10 million worth of stock in financial firm Invesco, his former employer. He also continued to hold a short position in a bank called Sun Bancorp, a company he had promised to divest. The next month, Ross got rid of interests in both.

What does Ross say about all of this now? Not much. When Forbes asked, a month ago, what became of his holdings, he passed the message to his spokesman, who said he hoped to have an answer the next day. Five days later, he sent a one-sentence statement, promising Ross’ current assets would be reflected on an annual financial disclosure, which he had not yet filed. Given two weeks to respond to a list of detailed questions, the spokesperson declined to answer most of them but underscored that Ross eventually divested of his holdings. The spokesperson also issued a statement about whether Ross had broken the law by lying to federal officials. "The secretary did not lie," he said, adding that Ross filed amended paperwork, which is currently under review by the Office of Government Ethics.

drain that swamp

3 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

How is everyone's 401k today thanks to Trumps war.

I assume you guys are all winning just like me. 

In the process of moving my money to safer avenues than the market.  Not excited about the future fall. 

17 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Very normal President.

A true patriot. Lied his way out of the military. The greatest memory of all time couldn't remember which foot had the fake spurs. Not healthy enough for the military but 50 years later, the healthiest any President has ever been. 

Edited by Dick Allen

36 minutes ago, RockRaines said:

In the process of moving my money to safer avenues than the market.  Not excited about the future fall. 

Same here. I have been in some pretty aggressive funds for several years, but last week I had a q and a with a broker and it was determined I now don't have the appetite to be as aggressive. Going to get more conservative. I don't think it's going to crash right away, but it's going to crash and crash hard.  In good times, you should be paying down debt, etc. We are just creating more.