4-8 Gamethread - Tigers, 1:10pm, CSN

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 06:22 PM)
Wouldn't surprise me if Rondon is the closer moving forward, he looked absolutely electric today.

He could be this year’s Kahnle or Jenks. There are a lot of similarities with each. Ability to throw extreme gas. Has nice stuff. Like Kahnle, control and command a huge issue. Like Jenks, some past attitude issues, and girth.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 06:34 PM)
He could be this year’s Kahnle or Jenks. There are a lot of similarities with each. Ability to throw extreme gas. Has nice stuff. Like Kahnle, control and command a huge issue. Like Jenks, some past attitude issues, and girth.

100% agreed. And he's also controlled through 2021, so he could potentially be a long term bullpen piece if he can figure it out.

I was really impressed with him this afternoon, let's hope that continues.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 05:20 PM)
It’s going to be a while. They will have their moments, but there is a lot of work to be done. Coop has a lot to fix. Strikes seem to be an issue right now with his youngsters. Their first verbally rssults hav not been that terrible, and inLope’ case quite good, but all those walks will bite you in the end, and need to be cleaned up. Davidson was due to come back to earth. It will be interesting to see if he is for real, if Yolmer, Leury, Engel are legit.

I just think there are going to be stretches they will look like the worst team in baseball, and times the look like a playoff team. Unfortunately they looked pretty bad especially considering who they were playing, the last couple of days.

That's not going to work against the Astros, Yankees, Red Sox, Indians, Twins or Angels...Tigers must have one of the weakest line-ups in baseball after you get past Cabrera, Martinez and Castellanos.

The 'funny' thing is everybody thought Game One of the Tiger series was in the books. Hawk embarrassed himself in saying "Ricky's boys don't quit" a few times and he even said how special this year was going to be.

I know how cold it is, but predictably the Sox got swept after blowing the first game in spectacular fashion. We Sox fans are used to that (the Robin era; the Ozzie era) being able to point to a certain game as the one that caused an immediate rash of losses and fall from contention.

I know it's cold, but start the shutout meter. This team is going to get shut out a lot. Pity those 11,000 fans who attended in the cold today. Obviously both teams were going thru the motions in the cold with the five measly hits.

I expect Moncada, Avi, Abreu and Anderson will hit this year.

We better hope Davidson and Delmonico rake because Castillo, Leury and Yolmer will not consistently hit. We got four good hitters out of nine, folks.