Minnesota @ Chicago, 5/5/18, Gamethread

soxfan49

48 minutes ago, pcq said:

There won't be any fans left for the rebuild which is why JR did not want one. 

Nor should there be any fans. Look, this product costs MONEY for fans to watch. If a mom and dad take 2 kids, those kids want to drink those 10 dollar cokes and have 10 dollar cotton candy. And dad wants a 10 dollar beer and mom a 9 dollar hot dog. The fans will return when we get good. Until then, they can't expect anybody to come watch this crap.

Edited by greg775

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I miss when Anderson could hit the ball hard on occasion

I still say it would be tough to hit and be a professional hitter when the team is this bad. Unless it's been thoroughly explained to players: "Look guys we know we will have one of the worst seasons in Sox history, but that's OK. We want you to approach each at bat like it's the WS." I'd think that'd be tough to do but I guess the Cub hitters maintained focus when they sucked and the Astro hitters too. So maybe I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

I still say it would be tough to hit and be a professional hitter when the team is this bad. Unless it's been thoroughly explained to players: "Look guys we know we will have one of the worst seasons in Sox history, but that's OK. We want you to approach each at bat like it's the WS." I'd think that'd be tough to do but I guess the Cub hitters maintained focus when they sucked and the Astro hitters too. So maybe I'm wrong.

Do you think honestly think the players on this team are too stupid to realize this team was going to be bad this year?  Let me ask you this... did they just legalize pot in Kansas?

• Like 1