Rangers @ White Sox, Moore @ Fulmer, 5/18, 7:10 PM, NBCH+, GT

soxfan49

1 minute ago, tlongo81@gmail.com said:

I see your point. However, what do you do if you send them down to Charlotte and they continue to suck? Send them down to Birmingham?

If you send Fulmer to AAA and he sucks, you leave him there and he becomes a minor leaguer for the rest of his career.

Same with Giolito.

Just now, elrockinMT said:

The kid hasn’t even pitched a full season at the MLB level and neither has Giolito or Lopez. It bud an oddity when a pitcher debuts as an ace. Experience is what they are getting. These results should have been expected. It’s no fun losing but the future looks good. Now it’s possible Fulmer does end up as a relief pitcher and I seem to remember that being floated as possible. Time will tell 

I am not giving up on the guy, but his command is ridiculously bad. 

Just now, tlongo81@gmail.com said:

I see your point. However, what do you do if you send them down to Charlotte and they continue to suck? Send them down to Birmingham?

you leave them down until they are out of option years or become rule 5 eligible, at which point you consider a trade.

Hard part is determining when the opportunity cost comes for other guys.  I mean, at this point, I'd rather see Covey than Fulmer.  Covey, granted is older, but Covey is actually excelling in AAA this year.

Also, if Giolito goes down at any point this season he has used all of his options. At that point, it would be 2019 MLB all season or waivers. This is why I said earlier it wouldn't shock me if he got traded. EDIT: Fulmer too. This is their last chance pretty much. They're going to get the whole season at the MLB level. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, soxfan49 said:

If you send Fulmer to AAA and he sucks, you leave him there and he becomes a minor leaguer for the rest of his career.

Same with Giolito.

I will say so what? I don’t see where getting their brains beat in here helps. If going down when they don’t deserve to be here crushes him, can you really expect them to be viable pitchers later on? Hold them accountable for stinking the place up. Go down to AAA, do well and come back up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

I will say so what? I don’t see where getting their brains beat in here helps. If going down when they don’t deserve to be here crushes him, can you really expect them to be viable pitchers later on? Hold them accountable for stinking the place up. Go down to AAA, do well and come back up.

Exactly. If they go down to Charlotte and stink up the joint, then they weren’t rebuild keepers, which quite honestly, some of these guys won’t be. They aren’t all going to pan out.

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

you leave them down until they are out of option years or become rule 5 eligible, at which point you consider a trade.

Hard part is determining when the opportunity cost comes for other guys.  I mean, at this point, I'd rather see Covey than Fulmer.  Covey, granted is older, but Covey is actually excelling in AAA this year.

They're both out of options if they go down at all this season. Both made their MLB debuts in 2016. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It really is.  You almost never see a guy go from a shit walk rate to an excellent one, especially not a 27 year old.  Davidson is cool with me this year.  He's a nice piece.

Did you see the fangraphs article on him? He is like one of the best hitters in the league. More than a serviceable DH.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Same with Giolito.

That makes sense. Hopefully you fire the scout who recommended him over Buehler as well.