Rangers @ White Sox, Moore @ Fulmer, 5/18, 7:10 PM, NBCH+, GT

soxfan49

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I shouldn't have used the word "stupid" but maybe "sub optimal".  As mentioned he's already got enough money to live rather comfortably.  It's not a situation where he wants to guarantee an absolute floor for his career earnings and take away that downside risk (like TA or Q or Sale or Eaton) who had never gotten paid anywhere near the 30 or so million Moncada got to come over.

Maybe guaranteeing that 150 million would be tempting but maybe he'd be tempted to play a few years in the prime of his  physical condition (if not quite the prime of his baseball career) and perhaps double his earnings over that next decade instead.

From the Sox' POV I don't think there's any incentive to buy him out so early in his arb.  Especially not until they  know what the new CBA is going to bring.

If we had to take the gambles, I'd be much more comfortable giving Sale-like contracts to Kopech and Jiminez when they break in than trying to figure out the puzzle with Moncada. It's hard to figure out how to make the numbers work with him when he already has that $30 mil.

Looks like some rain could come through during the game, but think they’ll start on time and get the game in. 

Sunday could be a long day at the park, but they’ll get it in. 

Edited by flavum

Just now, credezcrew24 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see some retaliation from the Rangers even though the HBP yesterday and today had no reason to be intentional they were both up around the head

It's pretty clear Carson has no clue whatsoever where the baseball is going.

It's hard with Fulmer because he'll have like 3 or 4 real bad games, like he lasts 2 innings, then he'll have 1 or 2 good games and that actually kind of pisses me off because it feels like it gives the front office/coaching staff "justified" reason to keep throwing him out there. 

He just isn't a starting pitcher.

Edited by Scoots

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

He is so terrible. 5 straight pitches he's missed in same spot. Cooper keeps working wonders with the young guys 

The fact that his groupings are so tight in the same spot tells me he's got pretty good control. He's throwing them where he wants to. He needs an adjustment to get it over the plate.

Just now, Scoots said:

It's hard with Fulmer because he'll have like 3 or 4 real bad games, like he lasts 2 innings, then he'll have 1 or 2 good games and that actually kind of pisses me off because it feels it gives the front office/coaching staff "justified" reason to keep throwing him out there. 

He just isn't a starting pitcher.

He's just not a major leaguer. Only reason he's ever been given chances is due to being a high pick. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

He's just not a major leaguer. Only reason he's ever been given chances is due to being a high pick. 

Maybe he isn't a major leaguer because he hasn't been given the chance to develop at the minor league level like most prospects should be.

On that note, if they had a normal double play shift with the second baseman playing more up the middle, that's an easy dp. I hate player shifts sometimes.

Edited by Scoots

1 minute ago, Scoots said:

Maybe he isn't a major leaguer because he hasn't been given the chance to develop at the minor league level like most prospects should be.

On that note, if they had a normal double play shift with the second baseman playing more up the middle, that's an easy dp. I hate player shifts sometimes.

I feel like Fulmer's been given every excuse possible to explain why he's been such a gigantic bust.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

Hopefully whoever scouted Fulmer no longer has a job with the Sox. Walker Buehler was sitting on that Vandy team and went ten picks later. 

Just now, tlongo81@gmail.com said:

Hopefully whoever scouted Fulmer no longer has a job with the Sox. Walker Buehler was sitting on that Vandy team and went ten picks later. 

He had injury concerns at the time, I don't blame them for skipping Buehler

20 minutes ago, ptatc said:

The fact that his groupings are so tight in the same spot tells me he's got pretty good control. He's throwing them where he wants to. He needs an adjustment to get it over the plate.

I would like to see him reinvent his delivery