One of the Fox announcers says:

Wise Master Buehrle

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely disagree with what you are saying.

I hate Sosa now, but I wish we hadn't traded him to the cubs and I wish more that he was still on the White Sox.

You are not thinking and need to have an IQ test if you agree with the trade we made. Bell had a nice season in 92 but did jack s*** in 93 so he was worthless. Sosa, meanwhile has put up great numbers (if he was on the sox I wouldn't care how many steroids he was on :D) and fills seats. The White Sox were very popular before the strike, and we could have a bigger share of Chicago right now if we had kept sosa. Frank and Sosa on the same team would be huge.

What a joke.  :D

I don't even know if management regrets it.

I sure as hell know the fans don't care.  :lol:

Yeah. That guy we've had to settle for in RF the past 5 or 6 season really blows.

:fyou STFU Lyons..... you tool

I know I would pass on a guy that became popular nation wide and would have brought the White Sox nation wide attention.

Reasons to hate Sosa:

-Hes a bat corking cheater

-He cares only about himself, not the team

-He uses steroids

-He beats his wife

-Then he skips three games to go visit his injured wife, only to show up at the AS game after that

-He gets questioned about a slump and says BS because he has 500 career homeruns

-Cubs are down 9-0 in the ninth, he hits a solo shot and dances around like he won the WS

-All that pointing and blowing kisses s***

-He thinks the Cubs rely on him, even tho they did quite well when he was out with an injury

I hate the Cubs. Why? Because I hate Sosa and they have him. Sorry, but if Sosa wasnt on the Cubs, I wouldnt give a s*** how they did. Hes loved nation wide but who the f*** cares? His lovers are blind morons who couldnt recognize a team player if he s*** in their mouths...

I love how we never seem to miss any information said about us. No matter where in the country, if somebody compliments (or worse insults) the Sox a fan will find it.

This remark wasn't really that bad though. During yesterdays game I saw some kid holding a HE GONE sign after prior struck a hitter out. The ESPN announcers of course ignored it. If they would of said something Im sure it would of been on this board right away

Reasons to hate Sosa:

-Hes a bat corking cheater

-He cares only about himself, not the team

-He uses steroids

-He beats his wife

-Then he skips three games to go visit his injured wife, only to show up at the AS game after that

-He gets questioned about a slump and says BS because he has 500 career homeruns

-Cubs are down 9-0 in the ninth, he hits a solo shot and dances around like he won the WS

-All that pointing and blowing kisses s***

-He thinks the Cubs rely on him, even tho they did quite well when he was out with an injury

I hate the Cubs. Why? Because I hate Sosa and they have him. Sorry, but if Sosa wasnt on the Cubs, I wouldnt give a s*** how they did. Hes loved nation wide but who the f*** cares? His lovers are blind morons who couldnt recognize a team player if he s*** in their mouths...

Reasons to want Sosa on your team:

Despite all the bull s*** you mentioned and the numerous dumbass things you failed to mention (fake charity, Rick Reiley incident) nobody outside of the White Sox nation seems to notice or care.

He fills seats like a circus

Whether he cheats or not he still hits home runs.

he is at the point in his career where he wants a ring.

I hate Sosa, I hate the cubs more than I hate sosa, but living in Chicago for 14 years will do that to you. Despite my hatred for Sosa, if he was on the Sox I would love him.

Anybody that would redo the Sosa-bell trade needs to rethink their opinion.

I also dont care about attention. Attention doesnt bring rings. Team players do...

ok look at it this way...

Attention brings fans, fans bring money, money brings players, players bring rings...there you have it, the easiest way to win in major league baseball ;)

Oh yeah. I forgot. We have Maggs. Maggs is a team player who does just as much if not more than Sosa.

I dont care if Sosa fills seats. Hes a loser.

Homeruns? Think we need more homeruns? 220 isnt enough? s***, think RBIs. Sosa only had four more RBIs than Maggs. Big f***in' deal.

I have a really tough time believing Sosa wants to win a ring. Look at reason #5 to see why I can think this.

And you said, no one outside the White Sox nation notices or cares. I dont care if they dont care. Like I said, Sosas lovers are blind morons who couldnt recognize a team player if he s*** in their mouths...

True dat.  Sosa's worst year in years has been the Cubs best in years...

Good point. Also, Sosa was out for 17 games. The Cubs went 10-7 in that time. Doesnt seem great but if you do the math, they keep that up and they win 95 games and the division easily. Sosas not a team player at all...

That was stupid Steve Lyons who made the Comment about The Sox trading Sosa.

The announcing :puke

It's sad how Fox puts guys like McCarver to do the Yankee Series and Brenamen the Cubs. McCarver is the Yanks color man and Thom did radio work for the Cubs. All you hear is Biased Comments. Long gone are the Days when great announcers did the games

I agree with Roman here. We don't need any more home runs on a team like this.

But I would take back the Sosa/Bell trade, keep him for a few more years until he matured and became a "me" player, pretty much after the first year he started hitting tons of home runs, and then immediately traded him off for some really good pitching.

If we had kept Sosa for longer than we did, we would be in better shape, but keeping Sosa from then until now would most definately hurt us in the long run.

He strikes out way too much. He SHOULD have so many more RBI than he does. If he didn't strike out or popout so frickin much he could have like 140 RBI, Grudzielanek and Patterson/Lofton were on base for him so much, and he blew it most of the time looking for the home run.

And in case you hadn't noticed, Sammy really isn't loved by everyone worldwide anymore, only Scrub fans. No one except the Cub fans forgive him.

Am I the only one who thinks that because SamME played on the North Side, everything he has ever done wrong has been covered up and sugar-coated, but had he done EVERYTHING the same on the South Side, that everything would be used against him, tearing down his repuation, making the White Sox look like cheaters, and SamME Sosa NOT being one of the "nice guys" in baseball.

Catch my drift?

It's a definate possibility.

And in case you hadn't noticed, Sammy really isn't loved by everyone worldwide anymore, only Scrub fans. No one except the Cub fans forgive him.

Yeah. Even some Cubs fans hated him after the cork incident and said they never could forgive him. But being good Cubs fans they probably jumped right back on the bandwagon a few days later...

Am I the only one who thinks that because SamME played on the North Side, everything he has ever done wrong has been covered up and sugar-coated, but had he done EVERYTHING the same on the South Side, that everything would be used against him, tearing down his repuation, making the White Sox look like cheaters, and SamME Sosa NOT being one of the "nice guys" in baseball.

Catch my drift? 

It's a definate possibility.

Kinda a paranoid view, but possible. When he was with the Cubs, everyone yelled he only had one corked bat and it was a BP bat. Who knows with the Sox? Heck, they mighta said he had dozens of corked bats and he was only one of many cheaters on the Sox. Same with the steroids. Im glad as hell Sosas gone...