Draft Day 3 Thread, rounds 11-40 (Tracker in OP)

NorthSideSox72

1 minute ago, GenericUserName said:

So are one of us like Hostetler's burner account or something? 2/3 so far on the day

Amazing start so far. I still believe the other picks haven't been picked yet (I could be wrong though) so here's hoping. :D

I love our coastal carolina players (Remillard, Morrison) from that championship team,  I assume I'll love this guy.

Scouting Report: Drafted by the Dodgers in the 29th round out of high school despite not pitching his senior season due to Tommy John surgery, Bilous has long tantalized scouts with his potential. As a freshman at Coastal Carolina in 2016, he flashed electric stuff in Omaha, helping the Chanticleers win their first-ever national championship. Since then, he's been up-and-down as a weekend starter, going 3-2, 4.61 last season, and notching a 7-2, 3.00 record through 13 starts this spring. Bilous can look unhittable at times, featuring a 92-96 mph fastball with arm-side run, a hard, biting slider at 81-85 mph and an 84-87 mph changeup that he throws almost exclusively to lefties. The problem for the 6-foot-2, 190-pound righthander is that he struggles to repeat his release point and walks often pile up on him. In 169.1 college innings, Bilous has walked 135 batters—7.18 per nine innings. He's walked 58 (to 90 strikeouts) through 72 innings this spring—7.25 per nine. Because of his sheer lack of control, Bilous projects more as a reliever. He has the stuff to be dominant out of the bullpen, but he'll need to tighten up the location woes that have plagued him throughout his amateur career.

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

I love our coastal carolina players (Remillard, Morrison) from that championship team,  I assume I'll love this guy.

Scouting Report: Drafted by the Dodgers in the 29th round out of high school despite not pitching his senior season due to Tommy John surgery, Bilous has long tantalized scouts with his potential. As a freshman at Coastal Carolina in 2016, he flashed electric stuff in Omaha, helping the Chanticleers win their first-ever national championship. Since then, he's been up-and-down as a weekend starter, going 3-2, 4.61 last season, and notching a 7-2, 3.00 record through 13 starts this spring. Bilous can look unhittable at times, featuring a 92-96 mph fastball with arm-side run, a hard, biting slider at 81-85 mph and an 84-87 mph changeup that he throws almost exclusively to lefties. The problem for the 6-foot-2, 190-pound righthander is that he struggles to repeat his release point and walks often pile up on him. In 169.1 college innings, Bilous has walked 135 batters—7.18 per nine innings. He's walked 58 (to 90 strikeouts) through 72 innings this spring—7.25 per nine. Because of his sheer lack of control, Bilous projects more as a reliever. He has the stuff to be dominant out of the bullpen, but he'll need to tighten up the location woes that have plagued him throughout his amateur career.

So an upside of a mid rotation starter with a downside of an electric reliever. I'll take it in Round 12.

Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

That's another one we got right off of our guesses. Lmao, Soxtalk is DEFINITELY being read by the draftroom.

You said Martin Davis, but technically you were right, just got his name wrong. Damn 3/4... in all the years I've been on here and on a draft thread, I've never seen this before..

Just now, SoxAce said:

You said Martin Davis, but technically you were right, just got his name wrong. Damn 3/4... in all the years I've been on here and on a draft thread, I've never seen this before..

The two first names tripped me up.

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/262722544/v2074647983?tcid=draft-tracker-player-id-663436

Can touch mid-90s with fastball and likes to quick-pitch hitters to fuck with them. Love it.

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

Pulled up in the other thread, but here's a few of us guessing who the Sox might/will go with in the 11th..

@Dam8610- Cole Wilcox

@fathom- Seth Halvorsen

@GenericUserName- Isaiah Carranza PICKED

@Y2Jimmy0- Zach Hess

@SEALgep- Kameron Guangorena

@beautox- Garrett Wade

@ChiliIrishHammock24- Davis Martin PICKED or Jacob Campbell

@SoxAce- Isaiah Campbell 

@Dunt- Jason Bilous PICKED

@southsider2k5- Jonathan Childress

One of us has to be right... right? :lol:

We didn't get the round right but so far.. @GenericUserName, @Dunt and @ChiliIrishHammock24 picks are off the board. Feels like a damn fantasy football draft. :lol: Whose next?!

Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

In the 15th RD, the White Sox select RHP Luke Shilling, U of Illinois