Flash Flood Watch Game Tonight

Richie

Lance Lynn is a f'n slob. Look at the gut on him. 

I really don't care for professional athletes who don't care enough to keep themselves in shape. Except for Bartolo - he gets a pass. When you're 45 and still playing. Say "F it" if you want. I don't understand the others, though. 

Edited by Richie

I try not to think about Lopez's xFIP in the mid 5's -- but sometimes it's hard not to think some of this has been a mirage. 

Still like him, but it's worth noting. 

5 minutes ago, Richie said:

I try not to think about Lopez's xFIP in the mid 5's -- but sometimes it's hard not to think some of this has been a mirage. 

Still like him, but it's worth noting. 

xFIP sucks.  It's no better than FIP for predictive power and in some cases is even worse than ERA it appears, or it's about as good either way.

I used to love xFIP but the adjustment for HR "luck" somehow actually makes it worse than FIP.  By FIP, Lopez is a solid 4th starter.  That's not bad given where he's at in his career.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Richie said:

Lance Lynn is a f'n slob. Look at the gut on him. 

I really don't care for professional athletes who don't care enough to keep themselves in shape. Except for Bartolo - he gets a pass. When you're 45 and still playing. Say "F it" if you want. I don't understand the others, though. 

He ain't an athlete. He's a baseball player. (Said in my best kruk impersonation).

• Haha 2