First of July Game Thread White Sox vs. Texas Rangers

Insp

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

In April I was doing everything I could to make sure I saw every Moncada plate appearance. Now, however, I’m almost cringing.

That last at-bat was like watching a public execution of a loved one.  You knew after the first pitch how that at-bat was ending.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That last at-bat was like watching a public execution of a loved one.  You knew after the first pitch how that at-bat was ending.

So I looked it up, he's hitting .194 on the season if he doesn't put the first pitch into play.

Just now, fathom said:

So I looked it up, he's hitting .194 on the season if he doesn't put the first pitch into play.

Given he’s batting like .220, that’s not overly surprising, but still very scary.  This coaching staff has to figure how to get him going.  Even against RHP he doesn’t look like the same player we saw in May.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Given he’s batting like .220, that’s not overly surprising, but still very scary.  This coaching staff has to figure how to get him going.  Even against RHP he doesn’t look like the same player we saw in May.

He's just pulling off the ball too much vs RHP. Causing him to not make the same quality of contact he had earlier in year against fastballs, and it's giving him no prayer against offspeed pitches.  If you go back and look at changeup he missed in last at bat yesterday, it's the perfect illustration of why he's fallen off a cliff.

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Lopez is becoming more vocal and by next April he will be the undisputed leader of this staff. Fuck yeah.

Really an awesome start given the weather, Rangers being on fire and the poor defense he got today. Smith called a great game. Love seeing 3-2 offspeed pitches, as it's not like our pitchers have good fastball command.