Chicago @ Houston, 7/7, 3:10 CT, GT

soxfan49

I don't know if anyone else caught this last night, but the only reason we weren't no-hit was that the Astros crowd started doing the wave.

McCullers gave up 0 hits until the crowd started the wave. McCullers gave up 3 straight hits while the crowd was doing it. As soon as the crowd stopped, McCullers got Abreu to GIDP. He gave up 0  hits when the crowd wasn't doing the wave, and 3 hits when they were.

Please baseball. Do not let us play the great teams. It's embarrassing for the game. We shouldn't be allowed to play the elite teams until we field an MLB squad. I wish somebody would interview Jerry R and he'd apologize.

Just now, Scoots said:

What the hell is wrong with Abreu. It's like he forgot to hit. What, a month ago he was hitting .300?

I think it's likely he's older than his listed age.  I've believed this for awhile.   He's been declining as a hitter since his rookie year and is following a pretty standard aging curve of a guy that came into MLB at 29-30 and is now 33-34 and not 31.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I think it's likely he's older than his listed age.  I've believed this for awhile.   He's been declining as a hitter since his rookie year and is following a pretty standard aging curve of a guy that came into MLB at 29-30 and is now 33-34 and not 31.

Thanks the heavens they didn't extend him 

2 minutes ago, Scoots said:

What the hell is wrong with Abreu. It's like he forgot how to hit. What, a month ago he was hitting .300?

He's either a.) become Alex Gordon. Just suddenly become a useless hitter. b.) lost all interest for obvious reasons. c.) actually a continuation of b. Wants to get traded and play for a winner and is sulking til he gets shipped.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

But according to the Trib, he's going to get a nine-figure contract from somebody. I just think he looks like a guy whose spirit has been broken. 

Just now, greg775 said:

But according to the Trib, he's going to get a nine-figure contract from somebody. I just think he looks like a guy whose spirit has been broken. 

Well then he's an idiot because he's costing himself an insane amount of money.  I can't believe he's going to be the all star rep

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Well then he's an idiot because he's costing himself an insane amount of money.  I can't believe he's going to be the all star rep

Meh, he deserved it last year and didn't make it so now he's square.