White Sox vs Mariners 7.20 game thread 9:10 first pitch

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

It's to the point where the Sox need to make a stink about it to MLB.  I can't remember another player getting fucked over this badly constantly.

No shit. Criticize the umps Hahn. and take your fine. It is for the good of the team and Moncada. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

This may sound ridiculous but you could honestly argue that 15% or so of Moncada's strikeouts were due to horrible calls 

more like 20-25% but 15% Easily. 

I'm starting to become convinced that Moncada banged an ump's daughter on a road trip or something. There is no other thing I can think of that could make this sort of consistency with called third strikes that aren't close to the plate.(the previous comment is obviously sarcasm)  It doesn't matter where they are, or who's the home plate umpire it seems to happen at least one game per series where he gets fucked over like this. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It's to the point where the Sox need to make a stink about it to MLB.  I can't remember another player getting fucked over this badly constantly.

Yep except it would probably backfire by causing umps to screw him even more.  He looked like he felt helpless after the last one, so good to see Ricky sitting on his ass.

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep except it would probably backfire by causing umps to screw him even more.  He looked like he felt helpless after the last one, so good to see Ricky sitting on his ass.

Ricky is such a horrible manager. I never thought I'd want Ozzie back because I despised him, but now I realize how good he was. He'd  be perfect for this team. Too bad he burned that bridge to the ground and pissed on the ashes. Ozzie really knew how to handle a pitching staff, and he also knew when to go get his ass tossed.  Ozzie wouldn't have had a second thought about holding the Umps accountable. Renteria is chicken shit. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Ricky is such a horrible manager. I never thought I'd want Ozzie back because I despised him, but now I realize how good he was. He'd  be perfect for this team. Too bad he burned that bridge to the ground and pissed on the ashes. Ozzie really knew how to handle a pitching staff, and he also knew when to go get his ass tossed.  Ozzie wouldn't have had a second thought about holding the Umps accountable. Renteria is chicken shit. 

You just made @greg775 cream his pants