8/3 Games

BamaDoc

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

They’re going to lose another 20-25% in season tickets at this rate...maybe it’s the rare case of Sox being penny foolish, pound wise?

Season tickets are for old timers and are heading in the same direction as the taxi industry. Younger generation has no interest in them especially for a floundering Sox team. 

8 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Robert seems healthy. :)

And that minor league FA Folman pitching a hell of a game.

Robert is the one guy I really want to see get a ton of AB's in the next year so we can finally get a handle on his abilities. Seems like so far he;s been injured more than he plays. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure that is the case. Also  would be very helpful if we knew who this Folman fellow is and on what team he plays. I don't recall his name being mentioned anywhere  and I read Soxtalk including Future Sox a ton. I must have missed it somewhere.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Robert is the one guy I really want to see get a ton of AB's in the next year so we can finally get a handle on his abilities. Seems like so far he;s been injured more than he plays. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure that is the case. Also  would be very helpful if we knew who this Folman fellow is and on what team he plays. I don't recall his name being mentioned anywhere  and I read Soxtalk including Future Sox a ton. I must have missed it somewhere.

both injuries were his thumb (as far as i know), injuries i wouldnt worry about long term

6 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

both injuries were his thumb (as far as i know), injuries i wouldnt worry about long term

I'm not I just want to see him play ! But he was also injured last year in the DSL ? Missed a lot of time there also.

Edit: He also had a meniscus problem in a knee and a sprained ankle in the DSL. Following almost the same pattern of his injuries stateside. meaning he plays well runs well then gets injured comes back and shortly thereafter gets injured again. All 4 injuries have come from running the bases.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

24 games played for Robert this year.   Has will have missed roughly 90 if he can finish the rest of season without getting hurt again.

Let’s say something like 52 gp and 90 missed at end of August, then surely will play for Kanny and/or W-S in postseason, then potentially AFL.  Basically, 1 1/2+ months out of 5, or 33-35% of potential games played.  Unless you want to count spring training.  

Avi, for example, should have 100/162, around 60% or twice as many games...so really needs to continue developing during that Sept though January time period, somewhere.

• bmags unpinned this topic